1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie Help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BrennerB3, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Dec 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    BrennerB3

BrennerB3 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have searched through a lot of threads and figured it would be easier to start my own. I am a 17 yr old high school student with a 2007 Tacoma. It is not a TRD but it is 4x4. It currently has a leveling kit of some sort and 265 nitto terra's. I am wanting to go as big as possible for the looks but it will be my everyday driver. Wont don't much off roading. What would you recommend for me? Thanks Brenner

2. Dec 5, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    icallhertaco11

icallhertaco11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner v6
    Engage Long Travel 6 over with race spindles. 2.5x8 sway a ways wrapped in King Coils.
    All I have to say is stay away from blocks and spacers. I recently got off the blocks in the rear and threw some icons in there and that's the best thing you could do imo even if you are street driving.

3. Dec 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
    depends whats your budget and what are you looking for out of your lift? how much do you care about your mpg going down. etc.

4. Dec 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    BrennerB3

BrennerB3 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Living at home and only driving around town, I am not too concerned with mileage. Cost is not that big of an issue for me either (looking to spend around 5K). Just want to go as big as possible for the look but not give up too much on the comfort and ride. I will probably go a 6" lift and 35" tires. Just was hoping for any advice or "do's and dont's" so I don't have any regrets down the road. Would love to go 6" lift and 3" body lift and run 37" or bigger but I know it would be a mistake for my every day driving.

5. Dec 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    icallhertaco11

icallhertaco11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner v6
    Engage Long Travel 6 over with race spindles. 2.5x8 sway a ways wrapped in King Coils.
    Well I went with the Pro Comp 6" intially that is shit. Now I have a complete mid travel set up in the rear.
    Best advice for you get ext. travel Fox, King, or Icon for 6" to 7" lifts. And go with Deaver or All Pro something along that line for a smooth ride.
    You might have to email and really dial everything in since lifting these up that high isn't really all that popular.
    That's just my input for the 6' lift.

6. Dec 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger

True!
    Pro comp and fabtech 6 inch lifts are only good for the drop bracket you need for the 4x4. The rest of the suspension is shit, stiff, and worthless. So.. most drop bracket lifts can get you and easy 6 to even 8 inchs. Then body lifts as well. So you would have to call dsm( down south Motorsports) and get them to make you kind, or icon front suspension that works with a drop bracket. All this will throw you past 5k. Maybe into 6 just for parts and labor. Rims and tires would be another 2500 or so

7. Dec 5, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    357sig

357sig Donut king

Member:
    First Name:
    dough boy
    donut shop
    Vehicle:
    Gold digger
    The higher you go the more its going to cost. Might also look into a solid axle conversion, that way you can go even higher and bigger tires

8. Dec 6, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    ArMarine04

ArMarine04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Beaufort, SC

Products Discussed in

To Top