1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie with suspension/lift/exhaust questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dragongflyjason, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Dec 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    dragongflyjason

dragongflyjason [OP] New Member

Member:
    los angeles
    Vehicle:
    14 4X4 Limited
    If you're reading this, THANK YOU for helping someone new to all this.

I bought a 2014 Tacoma limited and looking to raise it 2-3 inches.
    I'd "offroad" maybe three to five times a year, and that wouldn't be anything intense. Just driving around the desert and forest fast. Not boulder hopping, dramatic hill climbs.

One shop recommend an Icon Vehicle Dynamics suspension kit which seems like overkill for a guy like me who is going to do 99% city driving.

Another shop recommended REVTECK 3" FRONT LIFT WITH REAR 1.5" TO 1.75" REAR with an ADD-A-LEAF. This seems more reasonable and a lot cheaper.

Any thoughts on this?

Also, I'm thinking of adding an exhaust upgrade. Mainly for some more aggressive sounds and bit more power. I don't want to set off any car alarms or be obnoxious. I'm thinking of aFLOWMASTER DUAL CAT BACK EXHAUST KIT TACOMA.

Again, I'm new to all these mods so any insights/advice/warnings would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

2. Dec 5, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    dsjones5

dsjones5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DSJ
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 MG DC Taco
    Seat covers, weather tech digi fit, bug deflector, plasti dip wheels, magnaflow muffler, and many more to come!.. as soon as i get money. Ill probably go broke typing this...
    not sure on suspension but I went magnaflow on the exhaust. I just had a shop weld in a muffler because the stock tubing and a full aftermarket exhaust are almost identical. Plus a muffler alone is WAY CHEAPER than a full system. Plus Flowmaster sounds like poop to me. My magnaflow sounds amazing, I get compliments on it every time someone rides with me.

3. Dec 5, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    I have icon and I love it. I believe the revtek kit includes a spacer, and I like most people on here would recommend staying away from spacer lifts. There are plenty of threads with good info regarding bilsteins, OME, and other kits. As for the flow master, I hated mine. Had a lot of in cab drone. Just keep the stock piping and have a muffler shop swap out the muffler. I prefer my magnaflow now. Keep in mind that on these engines a full cat back system is overkill. No significant increases in hp, or mpg. Just noise. I would recommend heading over to the 2nd gen builds and looking through till you see a stance or set up you like. This will give you a good idea of what it'll turn into.

4. Dec 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    Agreed.... Unless ur going forced induction, just have a muffler welded in place.

Products Discussed in

To Top