Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Newbie with suspension/lift/exhaust questions

Old 12-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
dragongflyjason is on a distinguished road
dragongflyjason's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie with suspension/lift/exhaust questions

If you're reading this, THANK YOU for helping someone new to all this.

I bought a 2014 Tacoma limited and looking to raise it 2-3 inches.
I'd "offroad" maybe three to five times a year, and that wouldn't be anything intense. Just driving around the desert and forest fast. Not boulder hopping, dramatic hill climbs.

One shop recommend an Icon Vehicle Dynamics suspension kit which seems like overkill for a guy like me who is going to do 99% city driving.

Another shop recommended REVTECK 3" FRONT LIFT WITH REAR 1.5" TO 1.75" REAR with an ADD-A-LEAF. This seems more reasonable and a lot cheaper.

Any thoughts on this?

Also, I'm thinking of adding an exhaust upgrade. Mainly for some more aggressive sounds and bit more power. I don't want to set off any car alarms or be obnoxious. I'm thinking of aFLOWMASTER DUAL CAT BACK EXHAUST KIT TACOMA.

Again, I'm new to all these mods so any insights/advice/warnings would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
not sure on suspension but I went magnaflow on the exhaust. I just had a shop weld in a muffler because the stock tubing and a full aftermarket exhaust are almost identical. Plus a muffler alone is WAY CHEAPER than a full system. Plus Flowmaster sounds like poop to me. My magnaflow sounds amazing, I get compliments on it every time someone rides with me.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
I have icon and I love it. I believe the revtek kit includes a spacer, and I like most people on here would recommend staying away from spacer lifts. There are plenty of threads with good info regarding bilsteins, OME, and other kits. As for the flow master, I hated mine. Had a lot of in cab drone. Just keep the stock piping and have a muffler shop swap out the muffler. I prefer my magnaflow now. Keep in mind that on these engines a full cat back system is overkill. No significant increases in hp, or mpg. Just noise. I would recommend heading over to the 2nd gen builds and looking through till you see a stance or set up you like. This will give you a good idea of what it'll turn into.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed.... Unless ur going forced induction, just have a muffler welded in place.