Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Want to buy Upper control arms for my 2nd gen

Old 12-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
octoyotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
octoyotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Want to buy Upper control arms for my 2nd gen

Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a pair of new or used UCA's. I'm looking for a complete kit from camburg, total chaos or light racing. I'm in orange county CA, if someone local has some that would be great but I can also buy if you have to ship them. Keep in mind that I made this "wanted" ad because I don't have enough funds to pay for a new kit directly from those company's. Thanks everyone. You can PM or text me 714 335 8051
Old 12-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
try headstrongoffroad.com for the LR UCA's. Give them a call as price will be better. If you pick up and have cash, it's cheaper plus it's a nice drive to where they are.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
try headstrongoffroad.com for the LR UCA's. Give them a call as price will be better. If you pick up and have cash, it's cheaper plus it's a nice drive to where they are.

Cool. I will call them right now, thanks for all the help and info dude
Old 12-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
Quote:

They're website says that they're only an "online store" and they theyre only opened mon-fri (I work mon-fri) dammit !
Old 12-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
they still have a damn good price. cheaper than everyone else
Old 12-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoyotaco View Post
They're website says that they're only an "online store" and they theyre only opened mon-fri (I work mon-fri) dammit !
They are but they let you pick up the parts at their garage on a Saturday. Real nice people.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
Bgt51ridescr is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: POST Certified
Name: Brian
Bgt51ridescr's Tacoma Gallery
Do Camburg or Total Chaos. I have heard of light racing breaking.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgt51ridescr View Post
Do Camburg or Total Chaos. I have heard of light racing breaking.

I read that camburg or total chaos were mainly if I have a 3in lift or higher. I have a 2.5 front lift
Old 12-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
Quote:
They are but they let you pick up the parts at their garage on a Saturday. Real nice people.

Dude i've tried calling them ever since you told me and they haven't answered/returned my call or replied to my email
Old 12-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #10
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dude i've tried calling them ever since you told me and they haven't answered/returned my call or replied to my email
Maybe they're a little too headstrong
Old 12-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
Señor Member

Quote:
They could possibly out of town due to the holidays. I think the are originally from WA. Marie usually does the e-mails and calls but Robert also does when available.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
Bgt51ridescr is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: POST Certified
Name: Brian
Bgt51ridescr's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have to have a lift for the kit to fit. The only difference there is gonna be with the brands is quality of the fabrication and materials used. The stock tacoma ball joint is a weak link in Toyotas suspension and I found that out years ago snapping many on a 95 tacoma I had. The uniball is much stronger, why all the companies use them on their off-road trucks, but if you are only planning on driving in the street any kit is fine and cheapest will get you the look you want. I have had Fabtech, Total Chaos, and Camburg currently. The Camburg kit seems to be by far the strongest kit I have owned. If you plan on driving the truck off-road then get rid of the ball joints and go with a uniball kit.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgt51ridescr View Post
You don't have to have a lift for the kit to fit. The only difference there is gonna be with the brands is quality of the fabrication and materials used. The stock tacoma ball joint is a weak link in Toyotas suspension and I found that out years ago snapping many on a 95 tacoma I had. The uniball is much stronger, why all the companies use them on their off-road trucks, but if you are only planning on driving in the street any kit is fine and cheapest will get you the look you want. I have had Fabtech, Total Chaos, and Camburg currently. The Camburg kit seems to be by far the strongest kit I have owned. If you plan on driving the truck off-road then get rid of the ball joints and go with a uniball kit.

Cool, thanks for the info dude. I'm learning a lot of things on this forum lol I think i'm going to buy the camburg UCA's from a member here. I got a price quote for the light racing ones and i was going to pay $408 out the door. So for $100 more i'lll get used camburg UCA's. That's a good deal right? and that should fix my alignment issues with my 285 tires and 2.5 bilstein 5100 lift? I want to make sure I won't have to buy anything else lol
Old 12-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #14
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: HARRISON
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
LR will help with your alignment more but I have Camburg Uni Ball's and I love em but I also wheel the shit out of my truck.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
LR will help with your alignment more but I have Camburg Uni Ball's and I love em but I also wheel the shit out of my truck.

I just want to fix my alignment. I don't plan on thrashing my truck. If I go to glamis I take it easy through the rough sections. You don't think the camburg will fix my alignment with the lift and tires I have? I'm confused guys. My bad, everyone tells me different things
Old 12-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #16
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Camburg will with your lift yes. If you go higher well then no. If you go easy through any sections it wont matter really. I dont do the quick stuff often but the Camburgs are a lot tougher.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
RAGEAHOLIC

What everyone told you is correct though. The Camburgs will fix your alignment issues and are stronger.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh.meier View Post
Camburg will with your lift yes. If you go higher well then no. If you go easy through any sections it wont matter really. I dont do the quick stuff often but the Camburgs are a lot tougher.

Nice Nice! I made up my mind and just ordered the camburg's. My buddy's friend works for them and I got a good deal out the door. I'll post pics when I install them
Old 12-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #19
Thanks for all the help and advice. You guys helped a lot. I couldn't decide what to do. I'll update you guys after I get the camburg UCA's installed