Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fab-tech or Ranchos

Old 12-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
feliciap117 is on a distinguished road
Name: Felicia
feliciap117's Tacoma Gallery
Fab-tech or Ranchos

I have an 05 Tacoma and am wanting to get a whole new suspension. I can't decide between the Fab-tech setup or the rancho setup. I want a smooth ride but not a "marshmallow suspension." What do you recommend to put on it? Thanks!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by feliciap117 View Post
I have an 05 Tacoma and am wanting to get a whole new suspension. I can't decide between the Fab-tech setup or the rancho setup. I want a smooth ride but not a "marshmallow suspension." What do you recommend to put on it? Thanks!

I would recommend you look into the RCD kit.

Most drop down bracket kits are very similar other than the shocks. In the case of rancho and fabtech, you are basically getting the same shock, they are a generic valved Monroe shock.
With a RCD kit you are getting a specifically valved Bilstein shock, giving you a better ride and more control.

Micah