Do I need new UCAs? This was installed:
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...cks_p_394.html

Regards

Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Alignment Reading-img_0667.jpg  
Old 12-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
If you want your caster to be in spec, yes. Technically you'll be okay with your caster now, just be prepared for a wobbly steering wheel a highways speeds.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
rumpot is on a distinguished road

Marines:
rumpot's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input.

I went ahead and got the LR UCAs
Old 12-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
That Caster is horrible. Needs to be at a minimum 1.3 degrees positive on both sides. Make them re-do it.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 AM   #6
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
That Caster is horrible. Needs to be at a minimum 1.3 degrees positive on both sides. Make them re-do it.

That was my point, it appears to me the alignment shop did not even try to align it. There was no change in the castor or camber before or after aligned.

The shop did the easiest thing and cranked the tie rods for 1 minute and brought the toe in correct.

Basically the alignment was a total rip off. The truck may not even need new upper arms, though they probably won't hurt.

PK
Old 12-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #7

Marines:
rumpot's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the feedback.

They said that the adjustments were maxed out and could not be changed. They also mentioned that the ball joints are dry/ loose.

They are putting on the new UCAs Friday so I will use this thread and the other alignment threads here to see if it all adds up.

I have heard that this is a reputable place and used to do the lifts for Toyota of Carlsbad.

My truck does have 124k so it really doesn't surprise me.

Regards
Eric
Old 12-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
No Money. No Love.
SmogSUX is on a distinguished road

SmogSUX's Tacoma Gallery
For a lifted Taco that's normal. The shop that did my alignment said they couldn't do anything about the Caster. Eventually I'll get some UCA's =/

Old 12-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #9
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone give any insight about my alignment numbers? I'm just a little concerned about my right side caster...

Camber: L: -0.61 R: 0.07
Caster: L: 0.15 R: 1.35
Toe: L: 0.10 R: 0.10

These numbers are after I installed my Icons today set to 2"
Old 12-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #10

Marines:
rumpot's Tacoma Gallery
I have now noticed a weird noise from the front left traveling at 45 through 55mph, and no sounds above or below that speed range. It wasn't there before but after the lift, could the alignment shown above cause this?

Regards

Eric
Old 12-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #11
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpot View Post
I have now noticed a weird noise from the front left traveling at 45 through 55mph, and no sounds above or below that speed range. It wasn't there before but after the lift, could the alignment shown above cause this?

Regards

Eric
It could be the front differential bearing. There's a small needle bearing assy on your driverside, where the half axle slips into the front diff. With a lift, that bearing assembly takes a shit, and starts whirring/pulsing/vibrating.

East coast gear supply sells a bushing to replace the bearing, and kill that noise.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #12

Marines:
rumpot's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks I'll take a look at that. For now they are replacing the axel as it is leaking so I hope that is it!

Regards

Eric
Old 12-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^Yea a leaking CV joint can cause the noise too - contaminants getting in.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #14

Marines:
rumpot's Tacoma Gallery
Final after UCA

Final after arms
Attached Thumbnails
Alignment Reading-image.jpg  
Old 12-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
^I'm surprised the UCAs did so little, but at least caster and camber are both in tolerance now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx586 View Post
Can anyone give any insight about my alignment numbers? I'm just a little concerned about my right side caster...

Camber: L: -0.61 R: 0.07
Caster: L: 0.15 R: 1.35
Toe: L: 0.10 R: 0.10

These numbers are after I installed my Icons today set to 2"
Right side caster is good: positive caster value means the steering axis is leaning back, which enhances the steering self-centering characteristic.

Left side caster is bad. Judging by the camber value, there is probably more room for adjustment in the lower control arm cams.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #16
Rubberhead
Fahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fahrenheit's Tacoma Gallery
I JUST (no really, JUST!) got home from picking up my truck after having an OME 3" kit w/ Dakars, LR UCAs, OCTaco brake lines and BFG 265/70/17 installed, my alignment numbers are like night and day from OEM to OME. The shop did a phenominal job!! The Caster after the alignment seems high, but from reading on here it will benefit me when I put on 255/85/16, or have I misunderstood?