Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Beefed BPV Bracket for trucks w/lift

Old 03-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Beefed BPV Bracket for trucks w/lift

It has been brought to my attention that when lifting these trucks you may get a cheesie bracket to raise the BPV rod/bracket on the rear axle when purchasing a complete front & rear lift kit, but for those who bought just a AAL kit and/or a shackle kit, (and that's alot of us) they don't supply anything to raise this back to stock in the kit. What happens is the truck goes up and if the rod to the valve doesn't, you have very little pressure at the rear brakes resulting in loss of braking in back when driving or towing .

I offer these custom brackets complete with metric hardware to raise it to the amount of lift you have. The spacers that are welded on are to keep it from interfering with the brake hardware on the axle. They don't cost much and fit all Toyota's using a BPV in back. PM Beefed for details if interested.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
hmm dont think my truck has that??? but nice welds man!
I'm so used to lowering trucks and am aware that by doing so makes the brakes lock up when panic braking, but didn't really think about what happens when lifting the rear until someone brought to my attention that the rear brakes end up working worse which isn't something you want when running larger tires or hauling. A small item that's over looked alot....but important.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
hmm dont think my truck has that??? but nice welds man!
Second gens dont need it.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithB View Post
Chris - could you please explain why 2nd gens don't need it.

Thanks
No brake proportioning valve.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
No brake proportioning valve.
I wasn't aware they finally did away with that weird BPV. Thanks for the 411.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
for those of you who didnt know what a BPV is or how it works (like me ) here is a great explanation:
http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...g_valves.shtml
Old 03-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithB View Post
Wow, thanks! I did not know that. You learn something new everyday. Was it replaced by EBD?
I have never really looked into it. I just know its not there anymore.