Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Stock Leaf Springs

Old 03-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
Drklude is on a distinguished road

Drklude's Tacoma Gallery
Stock Leaf Springs

One of the leafs on the left side broke a few months ago. I'm planning on replacing shocks and fixing the leaf spring all with stock components. My question is, should I replace the leaf springs on both sides, or can I just replace one side? New leaf springs are a bit expensive so I'm trying to save some cash, but I don't want the truck to look lopsided or anything.

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you can, you should replace both sides. Which spring was it?
Old 03-18-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
Drklude is on a distinguished road

Drklude's Tacoma Gallery
Drivers side, second leaf from the bottom. The cheapest I've found is like 375 per leaf spring, it just seems expensive to me, then again I've never had to buy new leaf springs.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 86 Toyota Truck and a 1995 Tacoma, springs broke both sides of both trucks.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drklude View Post
Drivers side, second leaf from the bottom. The cheapest I've found is like 375 per leaf spring, it just seems expensive to me, then again I've never had to buy new leaf springs.
I think you can get a set of OME/Dakar springs from Wheelers Offroad for that price....