1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

toyotech 3" lift, good or bad?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by StormRunner, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Dec 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    StormRunner

StormRunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma white "n" black SR5
    I am looking forward to putting my new 3 inch ToyoTech lift kit with the adjustable coil overs and the add a leafs in the rear. Later on I want to put on a steel plate front and rear bumper with a winch up front. Has any body had any problems with the truck squatting excessively? the bumper I would like to go with is the standard all proof off road bumper with the bull loop and their matching rear. I am also going with a 17" fuel hostage wheel and probably a 275 tire.

2. Dec 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    RicardoM

RicardoM Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hermosillo, Son, MX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco dbl cab 4x4 manual trans
    Completely stock for now... looking for a good smooth lift kit
    I had the ToyTec coilovers in my previous truck (98 ext cab tacoma 4x4). I lift them at first at 2.5", but the ride was terrible stiffer and when I was driving over 45mph, the cv joints made a weird buzz sound. So I lowered them at 1.75". The ride was much better, the buzz gone away. I installed 33" tires (255/85 r16) on stock wheels, but with time, they started to rub into the UCA, so I shaved them a little, just to clear the rub. Never had problems. I made some small speed jumps at dirty roads, lots of abuse offroading and never had problems with them... Just the rear 5100 blown out too quick (with dakar leafs).

Now I have a second gen taco... I know there is no coparison in the ride, the older taco was too stiff compared with this one. So I sell an arm and put Icon with reservoirs in the front, Total Chaos UCAs, 5160 in the rear, and daever leafs... Incredible ride. The sellers told me they will handle without problems and ARB Bumper with a winch (which maybe I would install later). Same told me the toytec dealer, they have a 650lb spring if you are going to install stuff in the front, if not they will be stiffer as hell. At first I was going to go with toytec again, but changed mind in last second.

I think you cant go wrong with ToyTec, but for sure you dont want to lift 3" in the front with coilovers. If you think it is a must to get 3", then go with drop bracket lift, there are some 4" for a reasonable price. And you can install later coilovers for lift it a little more if you want to.

Hope it helps.

3. Dec 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM
    StormRunner

StormRunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma white "n" black SR5
    Thanks.

I did my research and I am installing the axle drop down and sway bar shim kit as well. This way I can still do the 3 inch and get a easy ride for my UV joints and there should be no rubbing with 275 tire.

Thanks again! will post pictures once it is installed.

Products Discussed in

To Top