Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Kit Help

Old 03-19-2009, 05:57 AM   #1
SAGENOVESETRD08 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Infantry Marine
SAGENOVESETRD08's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Kit Help

I have been doing some research about lifts for my 08 TRD Rugged Trail. I'm not the smartest about this stuff, but I understand the basics. For a lift I was looking at the Ultimate kit from Toytec. I wanted to run Toyo Open Country M/T at 285/75/16 on stock rims. Any opinions?

I am also wondering about rubbing and backspacing. Should i get TC UCA's for this problem. Or should i get UCA's for a better setup too?

I will do some moderate off-roading through trails but nothing too insane.......i think...but i really want quality w/ a decent ride.

Thank you for your time in helping me!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
get the uca's for your alignment, they correct the caster so you can have stock alignment specs and no road wondering. if your going to run the stock wheels you will also need some wheel spacers. I have the SpiderTrax spacers, they work well and are a very solid product.

Welcome to TW!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
^^^^ Beat me to it!

That is a good kit you will love it. I recommend getting new UCA's. If you are going to run the stock rims with that size of tire you are going to need to run spacers. Most prefer the spidertrax spacers. Welcome to TW!

Go introduce yourself in the New members section!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
get the uca's for your alignment, they correct the caster so you can have stock alignment specs and no road wondering. if your going to run the stock wheels you will also need some wheel spacers. I have the SpiderTrax spacers, they work well and are a very solid product.

Welcome to TW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
^^^^ Beat me to it!

That is a good kit you will love it. I recommend getting new UCA's. If you are going to run the stock rims with that size of tire you are going to need to run spacers. Most prefer the spidertrax spacers. Welcome to TW!

Go introduce yourself in the New members section!
x3 to all of this. New UCAs for alignment and spacers for the wider tires on stock rims. That's the setup I've got...
Old 03-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
SAGENOVESETRD08 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Infantry Marine
SAGENOVESETRD08's Tacoma Gallery
First, thanx for the reply. It's funny b/c most of the info I learned was from you guys on other posts. This TW thing is FN awesome, you guys sound like u know your stuff! You'll be hearing fom me a bit b/c I plan on doing some stuff to my taco, i'll start w/ this setup.

So, go withg new uca's and wheel spacers? What size wheel spacers? Also, with this setup i shouldn't have much rubbing and maybe some minor cutting of the wells or no?

Thanks alot guys!!!!