Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Spacer lifts

Old 03-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
obsurfer1990 is an unknown quantity at this point
obsurfer1990's Tacoma Gallery
Spacer lifts

How many people have a 3" spacer lift and off road with no problemss?? i am debating on which type of lift to gett
Old 03-20-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Don't do it.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Don't do it.
x2 I have heard nothing but complaints and unsatisfactory talk. Just save a little more and get the OME setup. I just installed mine and i love it. Rides better than stock IMO.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #4
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
x2 I have heard nothing but complaints and unsatisfactory talk. Just save a little more and get the OME setup. I just installed mine and i love it. Rides better than stock IMO.
Can you give me an idea of your components and the cost?

I have the rear tsb completed on my 2009 DC.

Thanks.

I too have heard nothing good about spacer lifts. Do a search to verify.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
El Duderino 480's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Can you give me an idea of your components and the cost?

Thanks.

I too have heard nothing good about spacer lifts. Do a search to verify.
here ya go

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upometaco.htm
Old 03-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
The Toytec spacer lift rides pretty rough. But that's how I like it (that's what she said); I like feeling every bump in the road.

That being said...

I'd save up for the OME setup here if I were you. Or at least a set of Bilstein 5100's. Either one of those will ride WAY better.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
We talkin spacer inside the coils or spacer between coilover & frame? I'm doin 1.5 spacers between frame & coilover so it should be same ride on factory TRD bilsteins. Gonna be doin Toytec TSB 1.5 AAL & Timbrens out back.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
We talkin spacer inside the coils or spacer between coilover & frame? I'm doin 1.5 spacers between frame & coilover so it should be same ride on factory TRD bilsteins. Gonna be doin Toytec TSB 1.5 AAL & Timbrens out back.
Dont off road with that set up. 06Bluez broke his shock on his first off road trip with that set up. Also, his ball joints were toast after 5000 miles.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
OK, so if I wanna be able to light offroad on occasion & not break shit (or buy new ball joints) just go with 5100s up front set on 1.75 with TRD coils? Then 5100s with TSB 1.5 AAL & Timbrens out back? or run with the TRDs out back since I already have them?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[quote=Veccster;478122]Can you give me an idea of your components and the cost?

Thanks.

Here is what I got.
Front:
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53
I didnt get the 1/2" top plate spacers. Im glad beacause i didnt need them. I have the tsb done too and this setup leveled my truck out perfect. Also for the front:

And for the rear:

I havent installed the rears yet so I cant attest to the ride. But It should be great. I also have the trim packer for the driver side front shock as seen here:http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

Hope that helps. My truck looks great. It will look even better when i buy some 285/75/16's. Im also saving up for the tc uca's
Old 03-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #11
TakeItEasy
Jedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud of

Jedidiah's Tacoma Gallery
I see quite a few people with revtek lifts....they actually sound good and i havent really heard anything really bad about them...if you arent doing too much offroading. Anyone have any comments on the revtek lifts?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Dont off road with that set up. 06Bluez broke his shock on his first off road trip with that set up. Also, his ball joints were toast after 5000 miles.
True story
Old 03-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #13
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylas View Post
I see quite a few people with revtek lifts....they actually sound good and i havent really heard anything really bad about them...if you arent doing too much offroading. Anyone have any comments on the revtek lifts?
The revtek is the same thing as any other spacer lift. Dont do it, you will F*** your S*** up. Let me be the example for all of you. Im pretty sure I have pics of the carnage in my gallery.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #14
TakeItEasy
Jedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
The revtek is the same thing as any other spacer lift. Dont do it, you will F*** your S*** up. Let me be the example for all of you. Im pretty sure I have pics of the carnage in my gallery.

Oh crap thats messed up! So you have 5100's all around and do you have an aal or a block for the rear? I was really looking into the revtek lift but after seeing that..holy crap!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
yeah...but didnt u say u hit a gigantic hole or jumped the bitch for it to break? i offroaded trails w/ my 3" spacer lift w/ AAL on the 09 and had no issues....also wheeled in my 07 w/ a 2.5" spacer lift w/ TSB and 2" blocks and had no issues
Old 03-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #16
TakeItEasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
yeah...but didnt u say u hit a gigantic hole or jumped the bitch for it to break? i offroaded trails w/ my 3" spacer lift w/ AAL on the 09 and had no issues....also wheeled in my 07 w/ a 2.5" spacer lift w/ TSB and 2" blocks and had no issues

What brand of spacer lift did you use?
Old 03-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #17

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I hit a slight ditch. I went back and did the same mud ditch with my new 3" Skyjacker platinum Coils and no dmg done. I actually think I went faster the 2nd time. That ditch is where I will be testing all of my new componets.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylas View Post
What brand of spacer lift did you use?
the 2.5" was a fat bobs or some shit off ebay....the 3" w/ AAL was from EZlifts...they sell on ebay too...i think the 3" w/ AAL was like $170 shipped or so...definately did not ride like stock afterwards. worked fine though. used it as a starter point for what i have now.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #19

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I previously had the Toytec 2.5" spacer.

Anyways here is my current set up.
Total Chaos UCA's, 3" Skyjacker Platinum Coilovers, and 4" Camburg Spindle.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
I previously had the Toytec 2.5" spacer.

Anyways here is my current set up.
Total Chaos UCA's, 3" Skyjacker Platinum Coilovers, and 4" Camburg Spindle.
How much lift is that giving you up front? 7"?