Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Total Choas or Tires?

Old 03-20-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Total Choas or Tires?

Ok so I installed my 885's and OME shocks. I don't have enough money right now to buy tc uca's and tires wih spacers. Whats best to buy first? Also take into consideration Im goin on an offroad trip in a month or so. Will not having the tc uca's limit my offroading such as down travel and what not?

My alignment seems to be the same as stock.

What should i get first?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Not tryin to change the subject, but how do you like the ride of the OME coils/shocks. Im going with that set up this summer. I'd say tires just cuz theres a lot of people here with that lift and no UCAs that think it rides great and dont have allignment issues.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
If you buy the tires now and wait on the UCAs- You'll risk road wear damage to new tires. Get the UCA's and then the tires down the road!!

I'm just behind you- I'm ordering my lift today or tmrw....UCA's next month or so.
Good Point. Dont forget to let us know how you like it and to post pics. Ill be uploading a few pics today. Thanks
Old 03-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcs1987 View Post
Not tryin to change the subject, but how do you like the ride of the OME coils/shocks. Im going with that set up this summer. I'd say tires just cuz theres a lot of people here with that lift and no UCAs that think it rides great and dont have allignment issues.
I love it. Im glad I listened to everyone. It rides awesome. I havent been offroading yet but looking forward too. You know the little gutters that run across the street in housing tracts? They are also they when you enter a housing tract. Just the little dips the water flows in? Well with my stock setup, when I would be turning as i go over one my truck would kind of rock me back and forth. You pry know what I mean. Its normal. But with this setup, I rock way less and the shocks soak up a bunch of the hit. Just a small example of why I like them and how Im gonna enjoy them
Old 03-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you buy the tires now and wait on the UCAs- You'll risk road wear damage to new tires. Get the UCA's and then the tires down the road!!

I'm just behind you- I'm ordering my lift today or tmrw....UCA's next month or so.
X2 on this one.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
GASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
GASH's Tacoma Gallery
I went the other way around. I did tires after lift because I wanted to get off-road asap. The stock Bridgestone H/Ts just would not cut it. I do plan on replacing the UCAs soon but I personally thought it could wait.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:00 AM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GASH View Post
I went the other way around. I did tires after lift because I wanted to get off-road asap. The stock Bridgestone H/Ts just would not cut it. I do plan on replacing the UCAs soon but I personally thought it could wait.
What kind of wheeling are you doing?? I haven't had any issues the HT's taking the trails and obstacles I drive.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #11
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
i say tires, caster is not a tire wearing angle especially if you do a lot of straight driving. t/c uca's correct caster and will only wear your tires in extreme turns for long periods of time.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #12
GASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to beholdGASH is a splendid one to behold

Name: Josh
GASH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What kind of wheeling are you doing?? I haven't had any issues the HT's taking the trails and obstacles I drive.
There is a good mix here in New Mexico; mountainous, deep sand, rocks and that could just be on one trail. I like to do a little bit of everything. I was actually surprised as to how well the HTs did I just felt more comfortable putting a good set of ATs before UCAs.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #13
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GASH View Post
There is a good mix here in New Mexico; mountainous, deep sand, rocks and that could just be on one trail. I like to do a little bit of everything. I was actually surprised as to how well the HTs did I just felt more comfortable putting a good set of ATs before UCAs.
Fair enuf- I just had some issues with my HT's and some 10inch deep mud today. 15-20 mins later and some creative driving my truck is dirtier than ever and I'm free.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #14
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the tires.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #16
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
It seems to be half and half! It almost looks like my tires go like this \ / Not that much but a little. And it seems to me like that would cause irregular wear.

Mine came stock like that.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
really? huh. ill take a pic.

Yeah it was one of the first things I noticed. When I got the TSB and the alignment it corrected it.

Weird.