1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer Installation Costs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TacomaJay09, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Jan 14, 2014 at 6:00 AM
    TacomaJay09

TacomaJay09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Dbl Cab
    None Yet
    I received a quote from my Yota dealer for installation of rear leaf springs & shocks along with front coils and shocks. Would you all mind sharing what you have paid for a similar installation? I think it's high but I really don't have much to benchmark it against. They quoted a seven hour job at $825 not including alignment which is another $118. Thanks, Jay

2. Jan 14, 2014 at 6:10 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    $117 an hour is a bit high. Are you wanting a dealer installation cause of warranty or you just don't know anyone else that does installs? Personally put out a post of some pizza, beer or BBQ with some fellow TW and they'll help you. I found a guy who does 4x4 locally to do mine so I would hit up the yellow pages or online and search.

3. Jan 14, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    W Bishop

W Bishop Stupid should be painful!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stone
    South Fulton Tn
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma 4X4 Reg Cab
    ToyTec coil over kit, Sliver Coils, Bilstein 5100 front & rear, Light Racing SPC UCA. Painted to match Coils, OEM Tacoma 4 leaf pack, Undercover, AFE Pro Dry air filter, Painted grill surround, FJ Cruiser Trail 17" wheels, Rubber bed mat, fog lights and sliders.
    I think it's high but then I think anything a dealer is high. I get my alignments for 45. I think the 7 hour is a bit much.

Just trying to come up with 7 hrs.
    Let's see they charged hrs for the leafs and have the shocks off at the same time but going to charge hrs for the rear shocks.

Going to charge hrs for front shocks and will have the springs off at the same time but charged hrs for the springs.

I have a problem with that.

4. Jan 14, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    TacomaJay09

TacomaJay09 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Dbl Cab
    None Yet
    4 hours for the rear LP. They mentioned credits based on the shocks already being removed, but they're negated by how much they are padding the number of hours.

5. Jan 14, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    12thmanhawkfan

12thmanhawkfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    Access Cab 6-speed
    It's got some Mods
    That quote is way to high in my opinion. I only have basic mechanical skills and was able to add a leaf in the rear and install new front 5100's up front all in about 4 or so hours.

Products Discussed in

To Top