Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

The "TSB" about srings and my options.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
The "TSB" about srings and my options.

So does anyone have an idea about how to go after the dealer about the spring "TSB"?
I have that silly sticker that says reduced by 390Lbs.
My problem was I was hauling 720Lbs of plaster to the dump last week. the truck was bottoming out over everything.
I told the dalesman that I would be hauling plaster, Sheetrock and other various housing supplies. at least half a dozen times while looking/ haggling.

I just got my Toyota survey, in which the salesman asked me kindly to mark excellent or it hits him in the wallet.
this sticker, or weight restriction was never mentioned to me.
I am very ticked off! I bought a half ton pickup, not a 700lbs pickup!

I have an appointment tomorrow to have y radio looked at, Should I attack the salesman, or the service guys?

Any help is appreciated!

Oh, I have only had this truck for three weeks now.
09 access cab 4x4 four banger.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
few TSB threads to read over....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...her-story.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...rts-today.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html
Old 03-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the links! they helped!
I went to the dealer I bought the truck from three weeks ago. Armed with a printed 08" TSB, A dump receipt, And my Toyota customer survey (Not filled out).
I asked the service receptionist if the salesman was in, They don't come in till 9AM. So I bought up the Spring problem to her. Told her I had 720Lbs of plaster evenly distributed in the truck bed, And it bottomed out on every bump! I bought up the tsb, And started to pull out the 08" tsb report, and she said no need to do that. WE just did one. she said she would have the service guys check it out along with the radio.
(this is one of those nice new buildings, where you drive in to the building for service)

So a half hour later a guy comes out and says they are ordering a new radio, And they checked the springs out found no problem ,Called California and they said the truck was correceted at the factory. To of course my reply was "Well tell me why the half ton pickup I bought cant handle 720Lbs then". He aggred said it should be good for 1,500Lbs. And how the TSB calls for adding a fourth spring to the exsisting three spring pack. And lets go talk it over with the service manager.

So I start calmly ranting about how I bought a truck to haul stuff with, And how my ford ranger had 1,200Lbs of laminate floor covering in it and had no bottoming out. thye were very agreable, And said they will call everyone they can think of to get this resolved. And would call me when the radio was in and let me know how they made out. I left thinking this was half Bs, and would continue this battle when the radio was in. (WE also agreed that since it tool till September 08' to add the 08" models to the 07" tsb it might just be a matter of time till Toyota adds the 09" models)

So I go to work thinking I still have to fight with them, but about 4pm I get paged over the intercom, I am thinking "Great, Someone died!" (sarcasim) But it's the service guy saying that they called the right people, And the parts are on order And should be here in three days. So this makes me happy! But he said the bad news is the radio is on B/O for a month. I said not to big a deal.

So we will see what they do when it comes time to install!

thanks again!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
what dealer are you dealing with?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #5

Lia Toyota. Big up here outside of Albany.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
Still For Sale
BUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to all

Army: Chinook Crew 101st ABN
BUK 0H5's Tacoma Gallery
Got the TSB done on my 09 Access cab. Here is my story http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-tomorrow.html

and proof that it is worth getting done.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #7

Thanks, As i stated I thought it was weird, and wrong my toco was bottoming out with 720Lbs in it.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:16 AM   #8
dozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to all

dozer711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRock View Post
Lia Toyota. Big up here outside of Albany.
Hmm... I'll have to try them. Bought mine at Northway, 3k Cheaper and they had to get the truck I test drove at Lia.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer711 View Post
Hmm... I'll have to try them. Bought mine at Northway, 3k Cheaper and they had to get the truck I test drove at Lia.
REally? Northway was cheaper?
That's a surprise. When I went looking before, They were more expensive. and harder to get to move on the prices.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:53 AM   #10

TSB is done, Lia was great about the whole thing. loaner car and all.
the rainy picture is before the tsb, the sunny one is after. all the rest are after as well.

Seems stiffer, there is less body rol around corners. Bumps are harder (like you should expect from a truck) and seems the front end is lower now, While the ass end is the same. Could be the angle of the picture though.
Attached Thumbnails
The "TSB" about srings and my options.-truck-tsb-under.jpg   The "TSB" about srings and my options.-front-trucktsb.jpg   The "TSB" about srings and my options.-truckundertsb.jpg   The "TSB" about srings and my options.-truckaftertsb.jpg   The "TSB" about srings and my options.-truckb4tsb.jpg  

Old 03-31-2009, 02:55 PM   #11
dozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to all

Quote:
the rainy picture is before the tsb, the sunny one is after. all the rest are after as well.

Seems stiffer, there is less body rol around corners. Bumps are harder (like you should expect from a truck) and seems the front end is lower now, While the ass end is the same. Could be the angle of the picture though.
That sounds great, I just got home from there, drove in greeter came out, told him why I was there. Sat down at one of the service desks, told him what was going on. He left for 3-4 min, came back, said Eric told him to order the parts. That was great!
I think to it is the angle of your pic, not that it is lower. Looks great!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer711 View Post
That sounds great, I just got home from there, drove in greeter came out, told him why I was there. Sat down at one of the service desks, told him what was going on. He left for 3-4 min, came back, said Eric told him to order the parts. That was great!
I think to it is the angle of your pic, not that it is lower. Looks great!
Yeah, they have to pay for that nice new building somehow!
But Rick was really good about it.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #13

Lia called @ 4:00pm today, parts are in, I am dropping it off this Friday morning.
I guess we got really lucky here, hearing what some of '09 owners have been going thru.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #14
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
If I plan on lifting the truck.. do i need to worry about the TSB on the Springs
Old 04-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #15

Just got home, TSB Done. What a Big difference. Now I can call My Toco A Truck! I even got a Toyota tote bag. I am planning on doing the lift next weekend.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #16
Still For Sale
BUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to allBUK 0H5 is a name known to all

Army: Chinook Crew 101st ABN
BUK 0H5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Great to hear. And your front end only looks lower. the rear end is raised after the TSB. I parked next to my bros 08 who has not had the TSB but has an AAL and Revtec 3in spacers in the front and my back bumper is level with his while my front end is still stock height. My headlights seem to point at the ground now at night as well. I will agree with the less body roll, but the bumps are only a little firmer than stock, and still feel softer than just about any truck I can recall ever riding in.