Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

serousely thinking of "increaseing" my size

Old 03-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
serousely thinking of "increaseing" my size

i kno i cant spell
spelling is not my best subject
so was thinking of buying a lift for my truck (98 tacoma 2.7 4wd)
i want a good cheap lift
i was thinking this
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/dayaalkit.jpg
mainly because its 155$
but i like what ive been hearing about the bilstein 5100's
so i was thinking 5100's for the front and rear and a front diff drop spacer and a 2.5 inch aal
and all together that would coust 453 total

are there any cheaper lifts i can get???????
Old 03-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #3

come now anyone???
i want to do it right but i dont really wanto spend over 300$
Old 03-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm.... Have you checked out what toytec yet. And do you want performance or just looks? Bc I know that a spacer lift isnt ganna ride verry nice.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #6

i havent checked toytec but i want performance
i ride my truck hard
i know what i want for the rear but i need help with the front
Old 03-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Well If you ride it hard!....Then I think about doing either OME coils and shocks, or the adjustable coilovers. But if you are on a budget then I would do the OME route on toytecs site.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #8

would this be good
or is this the kinda spacers that i shouldnt use????
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53
Old 03-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #9

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
That will be good, the ride will be stiffer though. I had a spacer lift upfront and I hated it. Just on road driving. So just think of how harsh it will be offroad. Like I said before man, If you dont care that its ganna be stiffer then go for the spacer lift, but I would recomend maybe getting new front shocks, like bilsteins. But what are you ganna get for the rear?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #10

sorry i took so long to reply
my brushgaurd finnally came in and it was a pita to install i just finished like 20 mins ago
but i kno i want to run 2.5 inch aal
it says ill need new shocks but i was thinking i could flip the u bolts so that the shock mount is on the top
good idea?????
prolly not
Old 03-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #11

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure on that one... But def. get a long AAL not the ProComp short ones. I heard they ride real rough, and I think it would be best to upgrade the rear shocks with bilsteins. Just my .02cts. There an awsome shock.

And I would for sure stay away from the spacer front lifts. You wont like the ride man! Go with either bilsteins or a coil lift like OME.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #12

alright man ill take ur word on the spacer life
ill just have to save up for some billys
Old 03-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #13

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
you wont regret it! I wish soo bad that I did it right the first time, but I "was" stupid.
So now Im pretty happy with my set up! Im just trying to decide if I want to keep it at this hight or drop the back and front a little. But I dont want to rub......Tell me what you think man!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #14

looking at the pics in ur gallery id say leave it like that
looks great

what kinda rims u runnin??
Old 03-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #15

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man! there Ultra 164's from Les Schwab.