Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2009 Tacoma TSB Leaf Springs

Old 03-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
2009 Tacoma TSB Leaf Springs

There is a TSB on 2009 Tacomas anti friction pads, however I dont know where to find it.
I took my truck to the dealer because I was getting some serious squeaking coming from the Leaf Springs, and they told me there is a TSB on the anitfriction pads wearing out between the springs. So they are putting on new pads and greasing them. Not getting the add a leaf, but I havent had any issues yet with bottoming out, though I havent had a heavy load yet. I am planning on putting my motorcycle in the back and testing it out.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
They added the leaf on my 09 via the not yet defined 09 TSB and it made a difference. It has initially lifted the back up about 1.-1.5 inches. Im sure it will settle though. I can tell it also changed the ride a bit and now it feels stiffer.

No squeaking at all.

I have only seen these;
1TSB Number:TSB005408NHTSA Number:10025203TSB Date:May 8, 2008Date Added to File:July 17, 2008Failing Component:
Tires:Pressure Monitoring And Regulating SystemsSummary:
Tire pressure warning system initialization.
2TSB Number:TSB005708NHTSA Number:10025202TSB Date:May 9, 2008Date Added to File:July 17, 2008Failing Component:
EquipmentSummary:
Driver and passenger side floor mats retaining clips; pe
Old 03-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
you will want to get the rear harsh ride TSB done....bottoming out or not.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGEZR View Post
They added the leaf on my 09 via the not yet defined 09 TSB and it made a difference. It has initially lifted the back up about 1.-1.5 inches. Im sure it will settle though. I can tell it also changed the ride a bit and now it feels stiffer.

No squeaking at all.

I have only seen these;
1TSB Number:TSB005408NHTSA Number:10025203TSB Date:May 8, 2008Date Added to File:July 17, 2008Failing Component:
Tires:Pressure Monitoring And Regulating SystemsSummary:
Tire pressure warning system initialization.
2TSB Number:TSB005708NHTSA Number:10025202TSB Date:May 9, 2008Date Added to File:July 17, 2008Failing Component:
EquipmentSummary:
Driver and passenger side floor mats retaining clips; pe
Hi, can you tell me where I can get all the TSB print out? So I can talk to the dealer? By the way I have a 09 DC Taco
Old 03-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
try here; or google 2009 tacoma tsb

http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/r...serviceType=#2

or here

http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSB/2009/Toyota/Tacoma

just take those tsb numbers into the dealer, they will have a hard copy. The rear leaf replacement has not been issued on the 09 yet. However each dealer is handling it on a case by case issue right now. If you look at your rear springs and you only have 3 leafs then you could be elgible for the replacement. Just take the truck to the dealership and tell them it bottoms out if you carry any loads in the back. Thats what I did and they replaced mine without any questions.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #8
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Smile GOt mine approved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGEZR View Post
try here; or google 2009 tacoma tsb

http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/r...serviceType=#2

or here

http://www.aboutautomobile.com/TSB/2009/Toyota/Tacoma

just take those tsb numbers into the dealer, they will have a hard copy. The rear leaf replacement has not been issued on the 09 yet. However each dealer is handling it on a case by case issue right now. If you look at your rear springs and you only have 3 leafs then you could be elgible for the replacement. Just take the truck to the dealership and tell them it bottoms out if you carry any loads in the back. Thats what I did and they replaced mine without any questions.
Just talked to my service mgr about hauling sand bags this winter and truck bottoming out a little. Had him look up the TSB and told him I have the same part numbers.
He said he would talk to his Regional service mgr, cause he would have to get it approved.
called me today and said if its bottoming out with 2000 lbs too bad, but with only 1000lbs or less since the load rating is 1380, go ahead and order the parts. no questions asked. I will schedule my service when the parts come in.
Thanks for all your help everyone!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #9
The H
BringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to beholdBringbackSnacks is a splendid one to behold

Marines: Swingin with the Wing
Name: Ryan
BringbackSnacks's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BringbackSnacks Send a message via Yahoo to BringbackSnacks
im curious about TSB, do we just get the printout and take it to our local dealer and voila! they'll change it for free? because ill be getting my 2009 double cab at the end of the month, so should i just have them do it before i even get the truck? or will that issue already be fixed?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #10
BLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKSR5TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
BLKSR5TACO's Tacoma Gallery
i just checked my 09' dc prerunner and found that i only have 3 leafs. i'm gonna call tomorrow and complain about sagging and see if i can get the replacements.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:28 AM   #11
TacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to beholdTacoTycoon is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
TacoTycoon's Tacoma Gallery
the key phrase to tell the dealer is.." I have a harsh ride when under load" or any version of that
Old 06-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #12
JDrew is on a distinguished road

JDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is having the TSB done as we speak.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #13
trialsmm is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Ret. MSGT ANG
trialsmm's Tacoma Gallery
What is the TSB number for 2008/2009 Tacoma. My '09 bottoms out with about 700-800lbs. I have searched the internet and have not found that TSB to print out.
I just called my dealer and they have had no complaints.
Mick
Old 10-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
briinh will become famous soon enoughbriinh will become famous soon enough

briinh's Tacoma Gallery
i just called a dealer just this min, i have an appointment Oct. 26, my rear end squeaks when i get in the truck, so hopefully they add a leaf!..
Old 10-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by briinh View Post
i just called a dealer just this min, i have an appointment Oct. 26, my rear end squeaks when i get in the truck, so hopefully they add a leaf!..
I wouldn't hope for that....Completely different problem.

If you have squeaking...They will add anti friction pads and grease to your current springs.

If you were having other issues with cargo capacity they might have considered the TSB (which is NOT an add a leaf btw)...
Old 10-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #16
briinh will become famous soon enoughbriinh will become famous soon enough

briinh's Tacoma Gallery
so should i tell them i also have cargo issues?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #17
trialsmm is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Ret. MSGT ANG
trialsmm's Tacoma Gallery
i own a '09 Tacoma double cab pre-runnner. I noticed with my motorcycle loaded (200 lbs) and about 250 lbs of rocks the rear sags and felt "different". The front end felt very light also at interstate speeds.
I printed the TSB out and made a trip to my local dealer with the rocks still in the bed. They told me to drop it off in the morning and they would check it out.
With just the rocks in the bed, the spring are reveresed and the frame bumper is about 5 inches from touching the frame. One can see the rub markes on the frame from the bumpers hitting the frame. I also notice there is a squeak in the rear area.
Mick
Old 10-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #18
stevenb5214 will become famous soon enough

Army: spc a co 40th signal battalion
Name: steven
stevenb5214's Tacoma Gallery
ya i am going to go down there tomi never knew any of this it is great to no the squeaking drives me nuts when i am hunting and driving slow all i here are squeaks form the rear and when i load my dirt bike up and my tool box and riding gear my truck sags what kinda truck sags with that little amount of stuff i hope they fix this problem if not i am not goin gto stop buggin them till they do something i will let you no what they say tom
Old 10-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #19

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsmm View Post
What is the TSB number for 2008/2009 Tacoma. My '09 bottoms out with about 700-800lbs. I have searched the internet and have not found that TSB to print out.
I just called my dealer and they have had no complaints.
Mick
T-SB-0305-08 Rev 1.pdf
Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #20
stevenb5214 will become famous soon enough

Army: spc a co 40th signal battalion
Name: steven
stevenb5214's Tacoma Gallery
i went to dealship today i have a lift on already mind oyu and told them truck bottoms out with little weight no questions asked they covered it and on tuesday getting leaf spring added and yesterday when hunting i punctured my outer cv boot on brush and they are even covering that under warrenty sieera toyata will cover anything they are awsome