Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How to get 1-1.5 inch of lift from new leaf pack

Old 02-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
davefollower is on a distinguished road
davefollower's Tacoma Gallery
How to get 1-1.5 inch of lift from new leaf pack

I installed some new wheels and tires on my 2013 DC Off-road package.
New tires are 265/70R17. I am looking to put bilstein 5100's up front and
In the rear. I would prefer not to use a block in the rear. I would also like to
get a new leaf pack since the oem springs sag after a while. I didn't want to
add a leaf to the oem springs because I figured they would still sag over time.
Are there any aftermarket leaf packs that will get me the 1-1.5 inch that I am looking for in the rear of the truck. Based on the forum stuff I read, I was going to run the front billies at the 1.75 mark. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Check out wheelers offroad. Since your only wanting 1.5" lift at most then they have a couple options... either their 5 leaf spring pack which just says "will sit higher than stock". Or the Deaver or Alcan leaf springs which lift 1.5" - 1.75". You could go with OME and remove a leaf to lower the ride height to roughly 1.75". Just some options Ive researched over time. If your wanting a load bearing truck then Ive read the Deavers arent that great at handing weight, Just an FYI
Old 02-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
TacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacomaJay09's Tacoma Gallery
I went with the General Spring HD leaf pack 1.5-2" lift
Old 02-11-2014, 06:43 AM   #6
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJay09 View Post
I went with the General Spring HD leaf pack 1.5-2" lift
Hello TacomaJay09,

I've been looking at those also. They are heavy duty & are 3/1 leafs. At $400 for a pair they are well priced. How long have you had them & how much lift did you actuially get?

Thanks
Old 02-11-2014, 11:27 AM   #7
TacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
Hello TacomaJay09,

I've been looking at those also. They are heavy duty & are 3/1 leafs. At $400 for a pair they are well priced. How long have you had them & how much lift did you actuially get?

Thanks
I haven't installed them yet. I anticipate installing them in March sometime. There are a few other parts I am waiting on so I can do the entire install at the same time.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:32 PM   #8
TAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Petros "Peter" AGE: 41
TAC1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJay09 View Post
I haven't installed them yet. I anticipate installing them in March sometime. There are a few other parts I am waiting on so I can do the entire install at the same time.
OK.
If you don't mind, keep me posted & post some pics.
Also, Before & after measurements.
Thanks
Old 02-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
OK.
If you don't mind, keep me posted & post some pics.
Also, Before & after measurements.
Thanks

I can do that. Just keep in mind that my before measurements will be on a sagging leaf pack.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #11
whisk3ythrottle is on a distinguished road

Name: Colin
whisk3ythrottle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefollower View Post
In the rear. I would prefer not to use a block in the rear. I would also like to
Are there any aftermarket leaf packs that will get me the 1-1.5 inch that I am looking for in the rear of the truck. Based on the forum stuff I read, I was going to run the front billies at the 1.75 mark. Thanks for the help.
Bump, Looking for the same information.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #12
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Wheelers HD leaf pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefollower View Post

As my Esteemed TW Colleague pointed out

these are more of what you are looking at.

http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/l...af-spring-set/
Old 02-13-2014, 06:45 AM   #13
whisk3ythrottle is on a distinguished road

Name: Colin
whisk3ythrottle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
As my Esteemed TW Colleague pointed out

these are more of what you are looking at.

http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/l...af-spring-set/
With a 5 leaf pack, isn't that going to give more than 1.5 in. of lift?
Old 02-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #14
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisk3ythrottle View Post
With a 5 leaf pack, isn't that going to give more than 1.5 in. of lift?

Depends on your constant load weight , with the Wheelers HD pack you can also remove one leaf to lower the ride height
Old 02-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #15
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Depends on your constant load weight , with the Wheelers HD pack you can also remove one leaf to lower the ride height
OZ-T,

Does the rear stiffen up if you remove the overload leaf? And from your research, how much height are people giving up when they remove it?

I just purchased the Wheelers HD 1.5" AAL, but I'm planning on using all leafs (still have the 3 leaf rear at the moment).

.. Maple Leafs? Boy, you must be loving life right now.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:24 AM   #16
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeetee View Post
OZ-T,

Does the rear stiffen up if you remove the overload leaf? And from your research, how much height are people giving up when they remove it?

I just purchased the Wheelers HD 1.5" AAL, but I'm planning on using all leafs (still have the 3 leaf rear at the moment).

.. Maple Leafs? Boy, you must be loving life right now.

I don't think it's the overload you remove , I believe it is one of the leafs

I was talking about the full replacement leaf pack and you are talking about an AAL