1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

will this combo work for 35s

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TheBeatenPath, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Feb 9, 2014 at 6:43 PM
    TheBeatenPath

TheBeatenPath [OP] Member

Member:
    Im wanting to run 35s with out a drop bracket lift.
    I was looking at the toytec 3" lift the one with the coilovers and a block in the back. Although I prolly wont run the block as I want a small lean to it. And then I was gonna run fiberglass fenders front and maybe rear. Im sude ill have to switch front bumpers to something with more clearance. Will this combo work though? And if you have dkne this please post pics.

2. Feb 9, 2014 at 6:47 PM
    Bogg

Bogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Surrey, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Cutting will be necessary. I have my COs set at 3" and had to clearance my fenders, CMC and beat the shit out of my pinch weld to make my 35s fit

3. Feb 9, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    TheBeatenPath

Member:
    What would be needed to be cut? Im ok with the cmc. I wanted to get the fiberglass fenders cause I do not want to trim my fenders. I did it on my jeep and I want this truck to look clean. But still be big.

4. Feb 9, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    k if you only get a 3" susp lift you will need to cut your fenders and tub the fire wall. you dont need a DB lift for just 3" The DB lifts are for 4" and up.

if you want to actually clear 35s without cutting everything you will need a 6" lift

5. Feb 9, 2014 at 7:01 PM
    Bogg

Bogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Surrey, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4x4
    I'm not running glass so don't know if it'll clear. Pinch weld will need to be beaten back as flat as possible. Also hammered in my firewall.

6. Feb 9, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    TheBeatenPath

Member:
    Can yall post pictures of the clearanceing you had to do? I dont mind doing some trimming to an extent I just want tge quarterpanels/fenders not to be touched.

7. Feb 9, 2014 at 8:59 PM
    Bogg

Bogg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Surrey, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4x4
  8. Feb 10, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    Wait, do you have a first or second gen? That would be important to know

9. Feb 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM
    TheBeatenPath

Member:
    Its a 2nd gen double cab trd sport

Products Discussed in

To Top