1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rev-Tek 3" lift???

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by sector5503, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:16 AM
    sector5503

sector5503 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport
    TRD Cold Air Intake TRD Exaust
    I went and talked to some guys at Les Schwab Tires the other day and this is the lift that they install for a 09 Taco Double Cab... http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/REV426.html They said that instead of blocks they would do aal's in the rear and they would re-adjust the alignment in the front. So if they do the re-adjustment in the front would i need UCA's? Also is the lift a good lift? They said it would be $450 out the door.... Thanks!!!

2. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:28 AM
    jolayiv

jolayiv Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    Revenge-Fab Sliders, AVS Vent Guards, Rear TSB, Hose clamp MOD, Locker MOD, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Midland Radio, Wilson 1000 antenna, Rear Diff breather MOD, Weathertech liners, Maglite mount, Bed Divider, LEER 100XR, Pop&Lock
    You will be able to get your alignment close to spec but not right on. UCA's are recommended but not needed. Good choice on getting the AAL instead of the block. Spacer lifts tend to ride a little rough according to most on the site (a hand full say they can't tell a difference).

3. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    To answer your last question first, I don't know anything about this particular lift kit, but it's a spacer lift. You can get an OME coil lift for about the same price and it's better quality, will ride better and last longer. The need for UCAs is debateable around here... Is it required? No. Is it necessary, yes. The problem is that when you lift over 2", you can't get your alignment back to spec. You can get it pretty close, but not spec. The new UCAs (like Camburg or Total Chaos), you get an extra 2* of caster for adjustment, which will allow you to get your alignment back to spec.

As for the rear, AAL is definitely better than blocks. So that's a plus! :)

4. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM
    sector5503

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport
    Do the 06-09 Tacomas have the same suspension?

5. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:32 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
  6. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:36 AM
    sector5503

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport
    is the ome lift hard to install??? and what would be a good Total Chaos UCA to put on?

7. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:40 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Here are the TC UCAs that I have: You'll need to compress the springs to swap them out, but that's best left to an auto shop somewhere. Cost me $40 to have my coilovers assembled. Apart from that, it's really easy to install yourself and will save you a load of cash! I did my entire lift myself with very limited mechanical experience and normal hand tools - wrenches, socket set, hammer, etc...

8. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    jolayiv

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    Revenge-Fab Sliders, AVS Vent Guards, Rear TSB, Hose clamp MOD, Locker MOD, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Midland Radio, Wilson 1000 antenna, Rear Diff breather MOD, Weathertech liners, Maglite mount, Bed Divider, LEER 100XR, Pop&Lock
    You got by just using a "hammer" Pfft I had to use the BFH (big f*ing hammer) a couple of times.

Hey sector do the lift yourself. You will save some $$ and learn a few things along the way. Grab a buddy and a case of beer and have a good time.

9. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:50 AM
    sector5503

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Sport
    and if i screw it up??? Will you come and fix it? lol FREAK!! those UCA's cost a ton! lol. Can you put those on after a couple months of having the lift or do you need to do it in the moment the lift is on?

10. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    I have the rev tek 3" that your talking about. It is ok, you can feel how stiff it is when you hit bumps, but it helps a lot. I am thinkin bout going to the OME though just for the ride

11. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, they're kinda pricey, but it's high quality stuff!

You don't have to do them at the same time, although it makes the install a little easier. There are lots of people that replace them later... If you wait a long time, you might have some abnormal tire wear, and your truck might wander a bit on the road, but sure, you can replace them later.

12. Mar 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM
    jolayiv

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    No I won't. The install is going to be pretty straight forward. The only thing you really need help with is putting the spacers on. All you would have to do is pull the CO's out and take them to a shop. It is a ton easier than you think.

13. Mar 26, 2009 at 6:12 PM
    cajuntaco

cajuntaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Jackson, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4, Banks Exhaust
    Banks Exhaust, Removed Secondary Filter, Toyota factory suspension upgrade. 265/75 Interco TRXus M/T's

Products Discussed in

To Top