1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do you know if you need alignment?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by cpeterson24, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Feb 10, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    cpeterson24

cpeterson24 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport MGM
    Billies all around, 885's up front, 1.5" AAL in the rear ,Pro Comp 7032's wrapped in BFG AT 265/75/16, Locking rear cargo bins, interior LED's, Volant CAI with ram skewp, 5% back windows 20% tint up front, ImMrYo rear-view mirror mount, flowmaster 40 cut after axle drop, 886 reverse light mod, blacked out emblems, Grill Craft MX mesh upper and lower, UltraGauge, 10" JL sub behind drivers side rear seat
    Like the title says, wondering how you know if you need to get an alignment?

Took my truck on some trails for the first time this past weekend and after getting back on pavement, I noticed my steering wheel doesn't line up exactly when going straight. I don't notice it pulling one side or the other and when I take my hands off the wheel it tracks straight.

The wheels look alright from the front, but the steering wheel is definitely a little cockeyed.

Is this a warning to get an alignment or does this happen often and nothing to worry about?

Thanks in advance for the help! :cheers:

2. Feb 10, 2014 at 9:23 AM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    If your wheel is different than before your trail ride, definitely get it checked, many places will check it for free, you can go from there depending on what they tell you...

How difficult where the trails? Any weird off camber that may have slightly tweaked or settled the frame?

Since you have a 2013, everything should still be tight, but if something was loose...

get it checked...

Just for your information, my 2000 has been checked twice, only thing needed was a slight toe adjustment after 100,000 miles added since I bought it with 141,000 to begin with, I do go of road a dozen times a year to a remote property here in the Virginia hills, it has held up remarkably well...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. Feb 10, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    cpeterson24

cpeterson24 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Sport MGM
    Billies all around, 885's up front, 1.5" AAL in the rear ,Pro Comp 7032's wrapped in BFG AT 265/75/16, Locking rear cargo bins, interior LED's, Volant CAI with ram skewp, 5% back windows 20% tint up front, ImMrYo rear-view mirror mount, flowmaster 40 cut after axle drop, 886 reverse light mod, blacked out emblems, Grill Craft MX mesh upper and lower, UltraGauge, 10" JL sub behind drivers side rear seat
    Had my alignment done when i leveled the truck out with Billies, set at 1.75, and everything was set within spec. Trails weren't too difficult, at least my truck handled them just fine. To be honest, I haven't ever really gone off roading so my opinion of a hard trail or not is prob way off.

Noob to this whole off roading thing and didnt think I would need an alignment after these trails...

Products Discussed in

To Top