1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How much of a leveling kit do I need?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by bblaich, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Feb 10, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    bblaich

bblaich [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Cincinnati, OH.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Pro
    I'm looking to add maybe a 2" spacer to the front of my 2011 Tacoma (4x4 TRD Sport) to level it off. I don't really do any off-roading or anything like that, just prefer the front to be a little higher than it comes from the factory. Any recommendations on if 2" or maybe even 1.5" will work better? Any other advice? I still have the factory tires and wheels on it, but will probably go to soomething slightly larger in the future. Sorry if this is already covered somewhere else, but I couldn't find it... Thanks in advance!

2. Feb 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    blistein 5100s set at 1.75"

stay away from spacers buddy.

3. Feb 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    bblaich

Member:
    Cincinnati, OH.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Pro
    Thanks for the fast responses! So if I went with all 4, I could have some amount of adjustability all around, and wouldn't need any other modifications to get the height/levelness I'm wanting? Do these affect ride or ability to get an alignment within spec? I'm not a mechanic, so bear with me... Thanks again!

4. Feb 11, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    bblaich

Member:
    Cincinnati, OH.
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Pro
    What is the downside of spacers? Any downside to the Bilsteins?

5. Feb 13, 2014 at 7:01 PM
    SpeedwayTaco160

SpeedwayTaco160 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Killeen TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Sport SWB DCSB
    well decide if you really want a lift. I had all my parts in my garage. Bilstein 5100's,1.5 AAL in the back. Was going to install it, then I read many many threads with people having issues with vibrations. I decided to sell the shocks and aal locally because I dont do much off roading. I'll just end up getting 265/70/17 on my Sport. I know there are ways people have solved this issue, well some what. Decide how important a lift really is. I sure did. Glad I read all the vibration problems people were having before I dumped hundreds of dollars into a lift I wouldnt be happy with

6. Feb 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    Vorra65

Vorra65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    This thread really has my interest, I don't have my 14 yet- but when it gets here I know I will want to do something with the suspension. I'm not really looking for lift so much as I am looking for changing the profile of the suspension. It's a sport, so it comes with the 17's. What I'm looking for is to raise the front about 1" above the rear ride height, don't mind a little added lift-but not interested in crawling.

Products Discussed in

To Top