Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

U bolt Flip Kit question on Shock Relocation. 03 DC

Old 02-17-2014, 01:53 AM   #1
stinkyspice has a spectacular aura aboutstinkyspice has a spectacular aura about
stinkyspice's Tacoma Gallery
U bolt Flip Kit question on Shock Relocation. 03 DC

so i am going to be doing a ubolt flip kit on my 03 DC 4x4.

and was wandering what thoughts were on mounting the shock right on the axle behind the original location? is this okay. is it going to take away travel? will it make the ride rougher? i have Icon vs 2.0 built for the lift. i am just wandering if using that location on the axle is going to make a harsher ride? or take away a significant amount of travel?

Thanks guys for the help!!
Old 02-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
stinkyspice has a spectacular aura aboutstinkyspice has a spectacular aura about
nothing?? BUMB.

what about on top of the axle right behind the original location??
Old 02-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Your best bet is to install the u bolt flip, then cycle the suspension and find a place where the shocks will be ok. I think ideally you want another 2inches of travel at full droop for when you flex
Old 02-21-2014, 04:57 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You want to keep the locations as close to stock as possible unless you really start redoing the suspension geometry to fit a longer shock etc.
I sell some tabs along with the U bolt plates/ Ubolts on my website that work great. Just weld them to the axle and do the flip and you're good to go.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
Thanks guys!! And by the way relentless your bumpers are mean!!!! I love your rear bumper for the first gen taco!!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man, the rear's are about to get a bit more badass soon too.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Thanks man, the rear's are about to get a bit more badass soon too.
Oh really. ETA?