LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New Struts and Shocks

Old 03-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
Seminole is on a distinguished road
Seminole's Tacoma Gallery
New Struts and Shocks

I have a '98 4WD with 150K. I'm still running on the original shocks. Currently running a set of BFG Mud Terrains (31/10.5/15's) and am experiencing BAD cupping on these tires. Riding REAL rough right now....I've been to a couple of local tire shops and have been told I need to replace the rear shocks/front struts.

Question - What are you guys replacing the OEM equipment with? I've read a little about Bilsteins. I'm not looking to do a lift or anything. I would like a smoother ride.

I was quoted in the neighborhood of $550 for Monroe's. Sounded really high to me for shocks/struts.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Well you could get some strut and shocks off a salvaged Taco.

Well no matter what your going to get a small lift because new my items will not have give to them.

Billy 5100 is the way to go. I dont know if anyone will agree with this but i have the orginial Billy 4600 on my Taco......... No problems yet
Old 03-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!
Old 03-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i got my bilstiens from downsouthmotorsports.com

good price and very reputable[spelling?] guys