LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

How to: Front shock/spring removal

Old 04-05-2009, 06:00 AM   #41
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer711 View Post
Great write up Chris!
Just in time for me to do mine. I just had the spring TSB done Friday. Hoping to install the lift I purchased from brianincc last month this weekend.
Hmmm, that coil compressor is not a good one to use? What kind would you suggest? Remember I got the 886's from him. THX
I recomend a wall mounted large spring compressor. Or the one pictured above.

Quote:
Good for springs up to 10". The Tacoma springs are 14" and many after market springs are 16".
Old 04-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #42
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Just tore mine apart yesterday...
Couple things I would recomend...

a pry bar or big flat head screwdriver, some reason my coil overs didn't want to get out of the lower mount....
also when you go to re-attach the upper ball joint if you jack up right under the lower control arm it will be a bunch easier than putting all your weight onto it to try to get everything lined up....

This is what is meant by a spring compressor, DO NOT use one of the wimpy autozone ones...

Old 04-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #43
dozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to all

dozer711's Tacoma Gallery
Good for springs up to 10". The Tacoma springs are 14" and many after market springs are 16".[/quote]
Ok, My 886's are 16" high. I have a friend that works at monroe around the corner, I think I will have him do the coils. Safer that way, cheaper too.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #44
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Just tore mine apart yesterday...
Couple things I would recomend...

a pry bar or big flat head screwdriver, some reason my coil overs didn't want to get out of the lower mount....
also when you go to re-attach the upper ball joint if you jack up right under the lower control arm it will be a bunch easier than putting all your weight onto it to try to get everything lined up....

This is what is meant by a spring compressor, DO NOT use one of the wimpy autozone ones...
Dont know why you had such an issue getting yours out. Every one I have worked on has come right out with no issues. Awsome spring compressor! Major props to you for makeing that! If I make a "Chris4x4 Award" your first in line for it!

Quote:
Ok, My 886's are 16" high. I have a friend that works at monroe around the corner, I think I will have him do the coils. Safer that way, cheaper too.
Good idea.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #45
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Dont know why you had such an issue getting yours out. Every one I have worked on has come right out with no issues. Awsome spring compressor! Major props to you for makeing that! If I make a "Chris4x4 Award" your first in line for it!

Meh I think the automotive gods just weren't satisfied with me. They were at the end, I lost another couple of square inches of flesh on my hands and my buddy ended up with 2 stitches from the "dust gaurd I guess" on the back of the discs.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:38 AM   #46

Quote:
Meh I think the automotive gods just weren't satisfied with me. They were at the end, I lost another couple of square inches of flesh on my hands and my buddy ended up with 2 stitches from the "dust gaurd I guess" on the back of the discs.
2 stitches!? WTF!? 2 stickes is a Bandaid wound. I have a 5 stitch minimum.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #47

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I was saying... Throw a butterfly bandage on there and man up!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #49

Quote:
That's what I was saying... Throw a butterfly bandage on there and man up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Bandages?? Bah!! At work I use electrical tape.
Actually, I have found that Super Glue works the best. Learned that in the ER at Desert Banner.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
If you can get the shit to come out...
yeah.....
Old 04-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #53

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Actually, I have found that Super Glue works the best. Learned that in the ER at Desert Banner.
Well I prefer to use the stomach linings of the people I kill as a sort of paper-Masha bandage. Not everyone can be as butch as me though
Old 04-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #54
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Where did you get that???? How much????
Looks like this one on eBay. $149 with free shipping.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:22 AM   #55
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
I did not remove the spindle ball joint nut. When I installed mine I left the uca on the spindle untouched. I just used the bottle jack to jack the uca down a bit. Each side only took about 15 to 20 minutes.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
I did not remove the spindle ball joint nut. When I installed mine I left the uca on the spindle untouched. I just used the bottle jack to jack the uca down a bit. Each side only took about 15 to 20 minutes.
I used to do that also, but then a buddy of mine folded his fender. Just be carefull.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:36 AM   #57
dozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to alldozer711 is a name known to all

Any thoughts?

Any of you know if 3" is what the actual lift is with the 886? (nothing add to front) I had the TSB done and I like the way it sits. Back is lower than most, I have a cap, sub and edead 80 on the truck. If the back lifts 1.5" (I have the non TSB aal, I am going to cut it down 1" as per toytech) with the aal then (# wise) I need a 1.5" block to keep the same angle. I also got 3/4' spacers for the front that came with the set-up I bought. If I use those do I need a additional 3/4" in rear?

THX
Old 04-10-2009, 02:00 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
Need to get one of these, I love mine!

Marc M
I bought one last night for $139.99 From Max Tool w/free shipping. I will let you know how is works.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:31 AM   #59

Quote:
Any of you know if 3" is what the actual lift is with the 886? (nothing add to front) I had the TSB done and I like the way it sits. Back is lower than most, I have a cap, sub and edead 80 on the truck. If the back lifts 1.5" (I have the non TSB aal, I am going to cut it down 1" as per toytech) with the aal then (# wise) I need a 1.5" block to keep the same angle. I also got 3/4' spacers for the front that came with the set-up I bought. If I use those do I need a additional 3/4" in rear?

THX
The 885's will give 3" of lift. If they dont give the full 3", you can add the 10mm lift enhancers. The 886's are a much higher spring rate, and the ride will be more firm.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #60
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey! My incisions from my surgery were only 2 stitches and out in 3 days

Products Discussed in this Thread