Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Looking For A Good 4" Lift Kit w/ Coilovers

Old 03-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
Alaska45 is on a distinguished road

Name: Colt
Alaska45's Tacoma Gallery
Looking For A Good 4" Lift Kit w/ Coilovers

As the title says, I'm looking for a good 4" lift kit with coilovers. I've been looking and am having a hard time finding a nice kit, and I know someone here would either have a kit on their truck or know of one. I've got a 2007 TRD Sport 4WD if that helps.
Any info would help.
Thank you,
Colt M.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Anything over a 3 inch lift with either have to be a drop bracket kit or a 3 inch suspension lift with a one inch body lift. Honestly though just get a regular coilover lift and adjust them to 3 inches. But if you're dead set on four inches look up BDS
Old 03-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Anything over a 3 inch lift with either have to be a drop bracket kit or a 3 inch suspension lift with a one inch body lift. Honestly though just get a regular coilover lift and adjust them to 3 inches. But if you're dead set on four inches look up BDS
What are the main differences between a drop bracket and a coilove? Is it worth it to go with a drop bracket? When I look at a 6" kit i think its to big but when I look at a 3" kit it looks too small that's why I'm looking at a 4".
What do you guys think I should do?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

IMO DB lifts aren't worth it. Some people like them some don't. I've seen a few truck with 4 inch DB lifts on 35's and it was sick. You could run a 3 inch lift and 35's and get the same amount of lift. Look here a drool http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...body-lift.html
Old 03-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #6

Is there anyway i can get a 3" coilover kit and boost it up 1" in the suspension not with tires?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #7
dakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dakota
dakotasyota's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't do drop bracket. Been there, done that. Besides the way more difficult and time consuming installation (cutting/welding etc) it raises your center of gravity much more. A 3" coilover lift is much better for offroad. Also, db kits are kinda irreversible, nobody is going to be able to give you a used one off their truck. The only way to get 4" with a coilover lift is to body lift it sorry. Personally, I think those look gross...
Old 03-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #8

Okay well thanks for the info, if you guys had the choice would you get a 3" or 6" lift?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #9

3 inch
Old 03-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #10
dakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

3 inch. Tbh I went through the same thing as you. I didn't want to get as high as a 6" but wanted more than everyone else's 3". But then I was further educated and SO GLAD I didn't go with a drop bracket
Old 03-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #11

Did you go with a 3" lift and 33" tires? If so whos making the best 3" coilover kits
Old 03-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #12
mbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmbmack1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mbmack1's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what u plan to do with the truck but alot of members are gonna say icon.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #13
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
See mid travel with BS thread, and King.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska45 View Post
Did you go with a 3" lift and 33" tires? If so whos making the best 3" coilover kits
Yeah I did. Like the guy said below me it depends on what your going to do with it. I went with Eibach/Bilstein 5100 coilover kit. I got it from toytec.com They extend a discount to us Tacomaworld guys. Another very popular good quality kit is Old Man Emu (OME). Also available at toytec.com. Icon is a very good one as well, but I'm not the guy to ask about them... all depends on use and budget.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:11 PM   #15
SoCal1 is on a distinguished road

SoCal1's Tacoma Gallery
In our opinion, if you're going to lift 3" via coilovers or struts, use what they call an "extended travel " version. We offer both Icon and FOX to our customers. They do require the use of an upper control arm but the added wheel travel they allow will maintain a good ride and the truck will remain stable at highway speeds because the arms also increase much needed caster in the front end alignment which gets lost with leveling kits. Icon, Total Chaos and Camburg all offer excellent options in upper control arms.