Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Upper control arm help!!

Old 03-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
xTACOMAx is on a distinguished road
xTACOMAx's Tacoma Gallery
Upper control arm help!!

I read somewhere if you have adjustable uppers that you could run 285's without wheel spacers, is that true? If so can you just run A/T's or M/T's and also if you can with the M/T's can you run the M/T's on the rear without wheel spacers? I think you can but I was just going to ask that to cause I'm not sure. Thanks!!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #2
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
May want to take a look see over here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/
Old 03-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what a/t or m/t has to do with size... but if you want to run 285's on your stock wheels you will need spacers. You wouldn't need spacers if you got some wheels with 4.5 inches or less of backspacing.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
Ok thanks, both a/t and m/t are rated to be 11.5" wide but the m/t are wider than 11.5 nitto trail grappler are wider and toyo m/t are wider than 11.5 that's just a few.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #5
* few tires.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #6
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have no idea what you just said... 285 is the width of the tire though, 285 mm is roughly 11.25 inches.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
If you could or if you can measure from side wall to side wall and include the side wall tread the m/t tire would be wider than a a/t tire and a 285 ( I'm just guessing here) on average is 11.50" wide, some m/t tires are wider than that.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #8

Doesn't matter if the tire is an A/T M/T H/T or whatever, 285 is 285, they may be a couple of mm's off, but I wouldn't say every m/t is wider than any other style of tire. The cooper A/Ts I'm running are just as wide as the M/T's they replaced.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #9
Ok but anyways back to my question I will still have to have wheel spacers no matter what?
Old 03-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTACOMAx View Post
Ok but anyways back to my question I will still have to have wheel spacers no matter what?
For stock wheels, yes, if you were to get aftermarket ones that have 4.5 inches of backspacing or less, then you would not need them.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #11
Ok thanks so if had adjustable uppers would they be any longer or shorter?
Old 03-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #12
Than the stock ones
Old 03-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #13

The SPC /Light Racing are basically the same dimensions as the stock upper control arms.