1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camper airbag installed. seeking advice.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Diemaster, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Mar 17, 2014 at 1:22 AM
    Diemaster

Diemaster [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    San Bernardino
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Double Cab
    ive been trying to research airbags and the like including searching here and on Google.

So i recently inherited my dad's 04 tacoma. he put airbags on the rear axle so when the short bed camper was on, he could inflate them to stock ride height. having never owned a RWD let alone a 4X4 or even leaf springs with a separate chassis, i think there still inflated a bit b/c the rear rides really stiff compared to the front in my option. (though that might just be a "normal truck feeling" AKA engine in the front, nothing but bed in the back.)

what do i need to do to them when not in use? totaly deflate them so they add nothing to the stock suspension? i dont like the stiff ride feel and cringe when going over railroad tracks for ex. i don't want to un-install them just in case i get a wild hair and have to use the camper for whatever or at least move it. besides i don't know yet if there welded in or not.

2. Mar 18, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    Diemaster

Diemaster [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    San Bernardino
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Double Cab
    almost 36 hrs later and 71 views but not responses?

3. Mar 18, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    Never owned anything with airbags, so I cant speak from experience. Sorry. Give it time someone will chime in

4. May 9, 2014 at 8:37 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    deflate them to 5psi. You're not supposed to run them totally empty.

Products Discussed in

To Top