Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just got Billies, want AAL need advice.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #21
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTRDxLatino View Post
so running them with the stock coils and set @1.75 in front and having stock leafs with rear 5100 are fine? and what would be the best set up combination for these bilstein 5100? would love plenty more advice
This is Billy's at .85 with eibach coils if you set them at stock you could get your 1.5 (the coils are acutualy 1.6) and way better ride .. Stock in the rear atm
Old 04-09-2014, 05:06 AM   #22
xTRDxLatino is on a distinguished road
xTRDxLatino's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks alot guys! I already bought the bilstein 5100 all around. Do you think buying OME dakar leafs springs and eibach coils would be a good combination with these billy's? will i need an alignment?
Old 04-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #23
[QUOTE=TCprerunner;8487722]This is Billy's at .85 with eibach coils if you set them at stock you could get your 1.5 (the coils are acutualy 1.6) and way better ride .. Stock in the rear atm
[/QUOTE

got some what of a bro lean man but i love ur truck since i bought the front and rear billy's, i can buy the eibach coils too like yours but i would also like to buy dakar leaf springs for the rear to level it out. just not sure what to do.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:53 AM   #24
gospurs21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
gospurs21's Tacoma Gallery
wish it wasnt so difficult to add a picture on here lol so si could show you how nice it came out w just Bilsteins set at 1.75, looks sick.. you should do it
Old 04-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #25
124x4tacoma is just really nice124x4tacoma is just really nice124x4tacoma is just really nice124x4tacoma is just really nice124x4tacoma is just really nice
124x4tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
1.75 billies up front, 1.5 AAL leaf in the back on 265/75/16 . It has a small rake. Having the itch to go higher to fit bigger tires

Old 04-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #26
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You can run the eibachs withe the setup you got without a leaf pack. Put front 5100s on the bottom notch and use the 1.5 aal with the coils it would only put you .1 higher up front..

And thanks still some things in the work for the truck but I like the bro lean lol don't care what anyone says
Old 04-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #27
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
are you going to be offroading?

It's better to be safe than sorry with the length of the rear shocks. People blew out their stock-length 5100's with an AAL
(FWIW, I wheeled my AAL with stock length shocks fine)

if you're going to lift the front more, you should get new coils rather than stacking a spacer
He's 2nd gen Cody, for 1" no issues, he'd be fine on stock shocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospurs21 View Post
so nay to the 1'' AAL with stock length shocks right?
No, this is incorrect... You CAN run your stock shocks for a 1" lift on 2nd gen Tacomas.. 1st gens not so much
Old 04-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #28

LSO just saw you ask about alignment you need alignment with all suspension work pretty much
Old 04-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #29
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCprerunner View Post
LSO just saw you ask about alignment you need alignment with all suspension work pretty much
Only if the geometry changes (lifting or lowering)
Old 04-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #30
i bought 5100 all around and some eibach coils, now all im needing is AAL's. to add a leaf, do i have to have a TSB spring?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #31
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTRDxLatino View Post
i bought 5100 all around and some eibach coils, now all im needing is AAL's. to add a leaf, do i have to have a TSB spring?
You dont have to & the TSB is a joke anyway...
Old 04-12-2014, 11:49 PM   #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
You dont have to & the TSB is a joke anyway...
really i heard its a bit better than the old stock ones. but im guessing rear ToyTec 1 1/2" Lift Add-a-leaf will do it since i just read that it will fit in non-TSB springs also.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #33
LoneWanderer will become famous soon enough

Name: Randy
LoneWanderer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124x4tacoma View Post
1.75 billies up front, 1.5 AAL leaf in the back on 265/75/16 . It has a small rake. Having the itch to go higher to fit bigger tires

Would I get the same look on a 1st gen with those? I'm looking at doing billies all around set at 1.75 in front and a 1.5" aal in the rear too but what I'm looking for is exactly how yours sits. Also 1.75 on the front with stock springs is safe on the parts and tires right? I plan I driving this thing A LOT more miles.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:29 AM   #34
Trev
Trev407 is on a distinguished road
Name: Trev
Trev407's Tacoma Gallery
I too have just purchased 5100's for the front and rear of my 07 double cab. i do not have the tsb leaf. Im putting some 20'' WT4s on my truck and want to level it or get it as close to level without having the infamous "bro lean".

so my question is, with stock springs and no tsb where would i set my front shocks? 1.75? or could i go .85 and still be more level than stock? some pics would be great!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #35
Casey31 will become famous soon enoughCasey31 will become famous soon enough

Name: Casey
Casey31's Tacoma Gallery
I read somewhere that you should not mix lift components but I didn't know for sure if that was just a disclaimer or what? The reason I ask is that I just bought a 2013 Double Cab that came with a 2.5" lift on the front (spacers). The dealership kept calling it a lift but it is just a leveling kit. I want to get rid of the lean even though it is not that noticeable to most people, but it is driving me nuts. Couldn't I just add the 1.5" Toytec AALs since I have the TSB to even it out or give it a rake without messing anything up?

I eventually would like to replace everything but just can't afford to purchase the complete OME or coils, 4 Bilsteins, and AALs at this time.