1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspensions confusing need advise

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tfeltz73, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Mar 22, 2014 at 8:17 PM
    tfeltz73

tfeltz73 [OP] That's greasy Ricky

Member:
    central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2013 supercharged long travel thing
    I'm trying to beef up my suspension on my truck but just keep getting more confused when I look at this site. My tacoma is a 2013 double cab short box with all pro front and rear plate bumpers, I also have a topper. I thought I could get by with stock suspension but now my truck bottoms out when I hit bigger bumps. So I want to get better springs while also adding a few inches of lift. I mainly use my truck to pull my camper and really only go off roading on old logging trails or cornfields while I'm hunting. After going through a ton of forums trying to find a lift kit I like I'm still scratching my head and can't find the answer I'm looking for. I think I want the ome kit with 886 springs with the ome 90000 shocks but I was wondering if other shocks will work better than the shocks ome offers. I'm more confused about the back because of having the rear plate bumper with a topper if I can enough lift from aal or if I will have to buy a new leaf pack. I wanna try to stay under $1,300 for the lift kit, so if anyone has any better ideas about my situation please let me know. I would like to order a kit as soon as I figure this out, thanks.

2. Mar 24, 2014 at 12:45 PM
    whisk3ythrottle

whisk3ythrottle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Birmingham, AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB sport 4x4
    Front windows matched tint, weathertech front husky rear mats, K & N CAI, Borla cat-back exhaust, 265/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Authorities, fog light anytime, 5100s up front set at 1.75" on stock coils,
    You have quite a few options: I personally have bilstein 5100s set at the 1.75" notch on the front of my truck and 5100 shocks in the rear also, so all that I am telling you is what I've researched/seen on here or other websites. I would reccomend doing a lot of research because you have a good sized budget so you want to make sure you get the right lift.

You can do the OME lift which I've heard a lot of good things from. You should also look into the toytec ultimate lift kit on their website. It gives about 2.5-3" of lift. Also you can do bilstein 5100s with the OME coil or eibach coil. With the plate bumper then you will probably want the heavier coil spring which I think is the 886 for OME and Eibach.

As far as the rear suspension, for added weight support you will either need the 3 leaf progressive AAL or a new leaf pack. I would assume the single AAL would not add very much weight support, BUT it will lift your truck, so if that is all you are looking for then the single AAL is fine. A single AAL may not hold up very long to all that added weight though.

There are a few websites that have some good information/prices, just google these names:

Downsouth Motorsports
    Toytec Lifts
    Wheelers Off Road
    Fat Bobs Garage

Those are just a few of the many websites/vendors that you will see on TW.

Hope that helps. It all comes down to you doing a lot of research on your own until you get down to a couple of choices, then you can make a post and people will tell you the pro/cons between those two. Just my .02.

Products Discussed in

To Top