1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Couple suspension questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Mocktwo, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Mar 25, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    Mocktwo

Mocktwo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    2014 trd off road access cab
    None yet
    Hello I'm a new owner of a 2014 tacoma trd off rd. I did some research and I'm hoping you can clear some stuff up for me. 1st are the shocks or the springs what separate sport and off road. I know the sport is stiffer but what exactly makes it stiffer. 2nd dose anybody upgrade there front sway bar and also possibly add a rear sway bay. I understand If I wanted a stiffer ride I should have bought a sport but I just don't like how they look plus the off road had other goodies that I liked. Any advice on how to get a stiffer ride would be great. Thanks

2. Mar 25, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Springs springs on the Off Road. (I believe the only thing that makes the Sport stiffer is the larger Anti-Sway bar. The OR should be stiffer based on the valving of the shocks.

I wouldn't worry about getting a stiffer ride. Upgrade the suspension and get Load rated tires versus P rated and that will put some jar in your spine.

Also the 17" versus the 16" rims on the sport will take away from some of the niceness of the ride. But everything I've heard says the OR is stiffer honestly.

3. Mar 25, 2014 at 5:43 PM
    Mocktwo

Mocktwo [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    2014 trd off road access cab
    None yet
    Dose anyone know if the sport sway bar will bolt right in place of the off road sway bar. Also anyone install a rear sway bar the the x-runner has?

4. Mar 26, 2014 at 8:25 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Yes it will, but I believe you need the mounting hardward for the sport sway bar as it's thicker.

Regarding the X-Runner bracing, no clue.

Products Discussed in

To Top