Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Dakars on backorder

Old 04-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #41
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
Is this With or Without the OME AAL?

Those are the standard pack
Old 04-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #42
NCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Those are the standard pack
Yep.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #43
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=OZ-T;8478690]
Quote:

Yes , one for each pin
Can you post a picture of exactly where these need to go or direct me to info on how it's done?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #44
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OME Dakars on backorder

Clamp the leaf pack with a C clamp , remove the centre pin , slide the collar onto the centre pin , reinstall into leaf pack

It looks like this when you are done

Old 04-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #45
BadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant future

Navy: Airframer->Construction Mech
Name: Wes
BadBrains's Tacoma Gallery
My leaf packs just shipped from Wheelers today, ordered 3/24.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #46
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
Scenekyd's Tacoma Gallery
I hope mine ship soon. Ordered 3-10
Old 04-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #47
BadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant futureBadBrains has a brilliant future

Might be a first gen thing?
Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #48
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBrains View Post
Might be a first gen thing?
OP is a 2nd gen. maybe I'll come home one night this week and it is sitting on the porch
Old 04-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #49

I mean in your case. 2nd gens seem to be a week to two tops, yours might be lower on OME's totem pole of production priorities.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #50
Anzy will become famous soon enough

Name: Eric
Anzy's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is in a pinch or hurry I can get you the 2nd Gen Springs shipped out immediately.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBrains View Post
I mean in your case. 2nd gens seem to be a week to two tops, yours might be lower on OME's totem pole of production priorities.
Did you not read the first few posts? National backorder. Not just 1st or 2nd gens.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #52

VVVVVVV

Quote:
Thanks for the input... I called them and spoke to a sales rep who informed me that they are on national backorder. They said it may possibly take 4 to 6 weeks to get them in. Looks like everyone will have to wait...I'll stick with the licensed vender that I usually order my parts with.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #53
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And how does putting a Center Pin Collar on enable you to add shims at a later point?

Quote:
Clamp the leaf pack with a C clamp , remove the centre pin , slide the collar onto the centre pin , reinstall into leaf pack

It looks like this when you are done

Old 04-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #54

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OME Dakars on backorder

They allow the use of the slide in style shims , otherwise the head of the centre pin is too short to allow for the thickness of the shim
Old 04-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #55
The Anti-Bling

Quote:
They allow the use of the slide in style shims , otherwise the head of the centre pin is too short to allow for the thickness of the shim
Understood. For all others who don't understand, this thread explains ----> http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...xle-shims.html
Old 04-12-2014, 08:10 AM   #56
Joben will become famous soon enoughJoben will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
Joben's Tacoma Gallery
Just got confirmation, my Dakars shipped out yesterday, will be here by Wednesday. Ordered through headstrong 3/24
Old 04-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #57
The Anti-Bling

I received mine from WheelersOffroad Friday
Old 04-13-2014, 12:38 PM   #58

not me. Still haven't heard anything. Plan to call Wheelers tomorrow and see if it's just a first gen thing. Did you get shipping info or did they just show up Theo?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #59
Anzy will become famous soon enough

Name: Eric
Anzy's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is in a bind the warehouse that the store I manage has 50 leaf springs in stock for the 2nd Gen Tacomas. We also have 1st Gen Springs in stock too. PM me with any questions.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #60
The Anti-Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenekyd View Post
not me. Still haven't heard anything. Plan to call Wheelers tomorrow and see if it's just a first gen thing. Did you get shipping info or did they just show up Theo?
I ordered them by calling up Wheelers. They called me when the Dakars were at their location. They shipped them to me the next day I believe and I received them like 3 days later. I have a 2nd Gen....not too sure if that makes a difference or not(as far as what they have/had in stock).

I've had nothing but excellent service from Wheelers and because of that, I place all my orders with them. I would just give them a call and ask what you'd like to know.