Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Frustration! Ready to settle on a spacer lift...

Old 03-31-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
Punintentional is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: USCGC Alex Haley, Kodiak Alaska
Name: Josh
Punintentional's Tacoma Gallery
Frustration! Ready to settle on a spacer lift...

I quit! I've been planning to lift my truck this week, and I got everything in order. The guy from my local 4wheel parts told me I was wasting my money with new shocks/coils/AAL and should just do a 3" spacer lift from Procomp. I went with everything I'd learned here and ordered new shocks/coils/AAL from Downsouth Motorsports instead.

I've been trying to line things up to have my 5100's and OME885s + Icon AAL here and installed by the time I go back to work this coming Friday (been on vacation) I called Downsouth Motorsports and had everything set up to arrive last Friday and be installed today (March 31).

Unfortunately, DSM messed up and didn't ship my coils until late. So I received the shocks/AAL on Friday, but I was going to have to wait until Monday (today) to get the coils. No biggie. Called the install shop, pushed the install to Tuesday (tomorrow).

5:30 PM rolls around today (3/31), and UPS drops a box at my front door. My coils have arrived! (Or so I think) I open the box, already frowning because it's too small and too light, and inside I find a set of seat covers. This is after DSM called me to confirm that I ordered the 885s and not the 884s.

At this point, I am ready to send the AAL and shocks back and drop my rig off at 4 Wheel for a stupid spacer lift. I can only hope that DSM will make an exception to their return policy and take back the stuff they shipped me, since it was their mistake that resulted in my totally FUBAR timeline.

Now is when you guys tell me to stop whining, man up, and get the lift done right. I feel like somebody needs to change my diaper.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
Stop whining, man up, and get the lift done right. Also, I'm not touching your diaper.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:51 PM   #3
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
I get the whole frustration part, I would be pissed too. But if you do go the spacer route then your truck is gonna ride stiff and you'll feel that every time your drive it. Personally I've had bad experiences with DSM and have decided not to give them my buisness. But I've also heard many great things from others. Hopefully they will overnight you some coils and they pay the bill? That's what I would want
Old 03-31-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
Punintentional is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: USCGC Alex Haley, Kodiak Alaska
Name: Josh
Punintentional's Tacoma Gallery
Ultimately, yeah. I'm gonna talk to them tomorrow and see what we can work out. I'm hoping they are willing to pay the $$ to get the coils to me ASAP.

I've been talking with Headstrong Offroad and so far, their customer service is AWESOME. I wish I'd gone with them in the first place. They can ship the 5100s/Coils already assembled. DSM can't/won't. 20/20 hindsight right?
Old 04-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah paying for the coils/ struts to be pre-assembled is a choice I wish I made. I'd recommend that to anyone buying coils separate from the strut.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #6
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Stop whining, man up, and get the lift done right. I feel like somebody needs to change your diaper. I ordered my billies from DSM and had no issues; that being said, I've heard horror stories about DSM. I'd just talk to them and I'm sure they'll work with you, since it was their error. Just be nice and they will be, too.

Also, have you looked into doing it yourself? I did my Billies, Eibach's, and AAL and it took like 3 hrs.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #7
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Had you bought then assembled in the first place you could have thrown them on yourself and saved a bunch of money. Man up get the parts and get that shit on.