Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Who has good ears and a good idea

Old 04-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #21
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcmack View Post
it's not a Uniball, he's got ball joints.

Mitch I've listened to it a few times now and my thought has been lower ball joint every time I've watch it... Maybe get the needle fitting for your grease gun and add grease
I like that idea. I'll try it
Old 04-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #22
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I let the truck sit for 2 days. Sound is still there. So I'll look to add more grease to the lower ball joint and see if that helps. By piercing the ball joint am I risking a possible future failure?
Old 04-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #23

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Took the shocks off today to see if I could figure out what this sound was. Well I unbolted them and cycled the suspension to figure out if it was a bushing, ball joint or the shock. Passenger side was all clear. No noise. Which I haven't ever heard anything over there. So that is good.

Drivers side though is the problem. And the problem is the UCA bushings. I am going to go loosen the bolt and re-torque
Old 04-24-2014, 02:35 PM   #24

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the video. The coilover is just resting on the CV boot. Only the UCA, spindle and LCA are connected

http://youtu.be/9Esy0Z-QKRg
Old 04-27-2014, 02:59 AM   #25
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

splitbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Took the shocks off today to see if I could figure out what this sound was. Well I unbolted them and cycled the suspension to figure out if it was a bushing, ball joint or the shock. Passenger side was all clear. No noise. Which I haven't ever heard anything over there. So that is good.

Drivers side though is the problem. And the problem is the UCA bushings. I am going to go loosen the bolt and re-torque
Are tightening it on the ground or in the air?
Old 04-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #26

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitbolt View Post
Are tightening it on the ground or in the air?
In the air. Light Racing says their is not need to weight the UCA before tightening
Old 04-27-2014, 03:15 PM   #27
splitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of lightsplitbolt is a glorious beacon of light

splitbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In the air. Light Racing says their is not need to weight the UCA before tightening
That's right...Spec-Ride bushings right?
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ag-repair.html
Old 05-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #28

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitbolt View Post
That's right...Spec-Ride bushings right?
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...ag-repair.html
In the process of changing out the sleeves. Got the passenger side done today. Will do the drivers side another day.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #29

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
No more squeak. All the sleeves have been replaced. Found out why the drivers side was squeaking. There was not a speck of grease left on the sleeves or in the bushings. Only on the drivers side. That's why I couldn't move the arms smoothly. Now they have new grease and hopefully a long time of quite operation
Old 05-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #30
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No more squeak. All the sleeves have been replaced. Found out why the drivers side was squeaking. There was not a speck of grease left on the sleeves or in the bushings. Only on the drivers side. That's why I couldn't move the arms smoothly. Now they have new grease and hopefully a long time of quite operation
Sweet. glad to HEAR you figured it out...pun intended
Old 05-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #31
wannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud ofwannabetrd has much to be proud of

Name: Zach
wannabetrd's Tacoma Gallery
Noise

I would try to lube the lower ball joint and then tighten the lower control arm cam bolts