Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Who has good ears and a good idea

Old 04-15-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Who has good ears and a good idea

This is an awful sound that I have coming from the front of my 2007 Tacoma Access Cab V6 4x4.

I've got Icon 2.5 coil overs with 650# coils and Light Racing Upper Control Arms. Everything is aligned and tightened.

Tell me what this sound is

http://youtu.be/pjV65dmqArk
Old 04-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
How much thread is showing on your coils?
Old 04-15-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Who has good ears and a good idea-uploadfromtaptalk1397616757702.jpg
Old 04-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #4
DPC08 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
DPC08's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same coilovers but uniballs. Mine made a noise like that, but went mostly away after lubing the uniballs. I think there might be some coming from my leaf pack as well. Do you have aftermarket leafs/AAL?
Old 04-15-2014, 09:02 PM   #5

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPC08 View Post
I have the same coilovers but uniballs. Mine made a noise like that, but went mostly away after lubing the uniballs. I think there might be some coming from my leaf pack as well. Do you have aftermarket leafs/AAL?
I have the Icon AAL. My sounds is 100% coming from the front
Old 04-15-2014, 10:47 PM   #7

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitbolt View Post
Is this a new install?
Negative. About 10 months ago.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:31 PM   #9

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitbolt View Post
Have you checked the LR UCA bushings for binding?
Please explain.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #12

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
I just checked. I've got no play in the UCA or the ball joint. The bolt are tight and not over tightened. I'm wondering if I have enough grease in the ball joint itself.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #13
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I had a similar noise. It was my LR UCAs. I had to remove the old bushings and install the "spec ride" bushings.

Newer LR UCAs already come with those bushings installed.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #14

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD View Post
I had a similar noise. It was my LR UCAs. I had to remove the old bushings and install the "spec ride" bushings.

Newer LR UCAs already come with those bushings installed.
I've got the Spec Ride bushings. I'm worried its my shock. I greased the lower mount today and that helped when going over bumps at slow speeds. But when I hit a speed bump above 30mph I get this sound.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #15
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
you say you're cranked just a little but are any of the coils possibly rubbing on eachother? What about the top hat bushing have you greased that? It might pivot like the lower one when moving.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #16
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...g-sound-2.html

There were some options discussed in this thread. Watch the white truck video, sounds just like yours. Pm one of those people to see if they fixed it.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #17
Navar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Navar's Tacoma Gallery
Lube the uniballs on the UCA with WD40 or Triflo something like that
Old 04-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #18
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar View Post
Lube the uniballs on the UCA with WD40 or Triflo something like that
it's not a Uniball, he's got ball joints.

Mitch I've listened to it a few times now and my thought has been lower ball joint every time I've watch it... Maybe get the needle fitting for your grease gun and add grease
Old 04-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #19
Navar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcmack View Post
it's not a Uniball, he's got ball joints.

Mitch I've listened to it a few times now and my thought has been lower ball joint every time I've watch it... Maybe get the needle fitting for your grease gun and add grease
I am referring to the uniballs if he has aftermarket UCA's
Old 04-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #20

Navar's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have stock or aftermarket UCA?