1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

63" chevy springs on '97 taco

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by vern650, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Apr 16, 2014 at 12:59 PM
    vern650

vern650 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    brandon
    hyrum, ut
    Vehicle:
    '97 4x4 taco xtra cab 3rz/5spd
    HBS leveling kit, 31x10.50 mudders, header/imco exhaust, rear billies, LR ucas, home brewed onboard air, cb radio
    anyone ever done the swap on an early first Gen. I.e. 95-97 taco? My rear springs are shot and I think I'm gonna give the Chevy swap a wirl for cost savings, and mostly curiosity. I've spent hours searching the interweb and read many posts on various forums including the huge one on pirate4x4, the problem is all the info I can seem to find is either for 95 and earlier pickups or 98 and newer tacos. Not much info for 95-97s specifically, I know the proper way is to run a plumb bob to the axel and measure to figure out where to mount the new hangers, but I'd like to have a baseline measurement to start with if someone has one. Also I've read that some models you need to move both the front and rear hangers and some just the front hanger, does anyone know which it is for the early tacos?

thanks for any info

Products Discussed in

To Top