Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" pro-comp lift any good?

Old 04-18-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
livelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant future

Name: SoberDave
livelifetolive's Tacoma Gallery
6" pro-comp lift any good?

I have a 2009 QC 4x4 6" stage 1 pro-comp lift with 35". I purchased the truck with the set-up already last year. I could tell he'd been off-roading. Is this set up any good for trail riding? and so fourth? I'm looking to maybe one day do the MOAB or something like that. I'm more into trails, not crazy rock crawls. WHat are your opinions?
Old 04-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
You've seen this thread, right?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html

Run what you brung, brotha.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think the Pro comp 6 inch kit is crap. But if i were you i would get rid of those spacers ASAP. Look into icons or kings for replacement shocks.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #4
livelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant futurelivelifetolive has a brilliant future

Name: SoberDave
livelifetolive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
You've seen this thread, right?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html

Run what you brung, brotha.
Yes I have seen that thread. Most I see pictures of the trucks sitting pretty not really doing anything. It's pretty difficult to sit through 442 pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
I personally think the Pro comp 6 inch kit is crap. But if i were you i would get rid of those spacers ASAP. Look into icons or kings for replacement shocks.
Is there a specific set of Icons you recommend and for the lift I already have?
Old 04-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #6
Navar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifetolive View Post
Yes I have seen that thread. Most I see pictures of the trucks sitting pretty not really doing anything. It's pretty difficult to sit through 442 pages.

Is there a specific set of Icons you recommend and for the lift I already have?
That's just it they sit pretty. Looks good just don't function off road.

Love my Icon set up. Willing to bet none of those pretty 6" pro comp lifts can keep up with me at speed.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #7
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar View Post

Love my Icon set up. Willing to bet none of those pretty 6" pro comp lifts can keep up with me at speed.

X2
The only time a real truck should be on blocks is when someone's stolen the wheels.

This is what happens when you put spacers on it and think you've gained anything more than a high center of gravity.

You'd probably be best with a good mid travel setup. Save a couple thousand and do it right. I've got 2.5 kings all around with a Deaver eleven leaf pack and she rides like a caddy over stuff you'd buck and total your brodozer on
Old 04-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar View Post

X2
The only time a real truck should be on blocks is when someone's stolen the wheels.

This is what happens when you put spacers on it and think you've gained anything more than a high center of gravity.

You'd probably be best with a good mid travel setup. Save a couple thousand and do it right. I've got 2.5 kings all around with a Deaver eleven leaf pack and she rides like a caddy over stuff you'd buck and total your brodozer on.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #9
Lateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant futureLateralus has a brilliant future

Lateralus's Tacoma Gallery
Look into getting the Stage 2 coil overs (Loss the Spacers) and looking to getting some leafs (Loss the blocks).

I can tell you from my experience that I have been able to go everywhere someone with a shorter lift has. I personally love mine.

Some people may not like it for the look or perceived thought that it won't make it. But there are plenty of us with this lift that do wheel on a regular basis with no problems.