Notices

Bilstein 5100s

Old 04-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
094x4 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: F.D.
094x4's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100s

Hey Gang-
newb question here. I've been reading threads on the billy 5100s. If I understand correct, these shocks can be used with the stock front coil springs? And the backs are just replacements? I seen them at Down South Motorsports for 299.00. Is that the correct kit? (I got a'09 4x4). What I want is to level out the front with the rear. I'll probably do a little off roading (lava rock trails) to go fishing, thats about it. (stock height will clear the rocks). I read that after installing them, I need an alignment. Do I align it after I set the setting to the height I want? And what height would be good to level off the front? I believe that the tsb things I've been reading doesn't apply to my truck right? Last question...i think...just how does the front adjustment shocks work? I mean, how do you lock it in place at the preffered setting? Is it safe enough that it won't "unlock" from the preffered setting while driving or off roading? Is it safe? Sorry if thats a stupid question. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
ya but we get a discount!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
They are made for offroading so they are perfectly safe. You can still get the TSB and I highly recomend it
Old 04-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #4
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
I believe that the 1.75" setting will level your truck out from what I have read. Others will chime in so that will be either confirmed or corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 094x4 View Post
Hey Gang-
newb question here. I've been reading threads on the billy 5100s. If I understand correct, these shocks can be used with the stock front coil springs? And the backs are just replacements? I seen them at Down South Motorsports for 299.00. Is that the correct kit? (I got a'09 4x4). What I want is to level out the front with the rear. I'll probably do a little off roading (lava rock trails) to go fishing, thats about it. (stock height will clear the rocks). I read that after installing them, I need an alignment. Do I align it after I set the setting to the height I want? And what height would be good to level off the front? I believe that the tsb things I've been reading doesn't apply to my truck right? Last question...i think...just how does the front adjustment shocks work? I mean, how do you lock it in place at the preffered setting? Is it safe enough that it won't "unlock" from the preffered setting while driving or off roading? Is it safe? Sorry if thats a stupid question. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for the 1.75 setting. I think that would be good to level it. And Yes, after its lifted you'll need to take it for an alignment for proper handling and to prevent excessive tire wear. Or you could do the 2.5 and throw a 1" block and longer Ubolts under the back if you want a tad more height.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:02 AM   #6
094x4 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: F.D.
094x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
They are made for offroading so they are perfectly safe. You can still get the TSB and I highly recomend it

Does the TSB cover the '09s?