1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 5100s

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 094x4, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Apr 2, 2009 at 11:50 PM
    094x4

094x4 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Hey Gang-
    newb question here. I've been reading threads on the billy 5100s. If I understand correct, these shocks can be used with the stock front coil springs? And the backs are just replacements? I seen them at Down South Motorsports for 299.00. Is that the correct kit? (I got a'09 4x4). What I want is to level out the front with the rear. I'll probably do a little off roading (lava rock trails) to go fishing, thats about it. (stock height will clear the rocks). I read that after installing them, I need an alignment. Do I align it after I set the setting to the height I want? And what height would be good to level off the front? I believe that the tsb things I've been reading doesn't apply to my truck right? Last question...i think...just how does the front adjustment shocks work? I mean, how do you lock it in place at the preffered setting? Is it safe enough that it won't "unlock" from the preffered setting while driving or off roading? Is it safe? Sorry if thats a stupid question. Thanks for your help.

2. Apr 2, 2009 at 11:52 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    ya but we get a discount!

3. Apr 2, 2009 at 11:58 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    They are made for offroading so they are perfectly safe. You can still get the TSB and I highly recomend it

4. Apr 3, 2009 at 12:10 AM
    G-Sak

G-Sak Well-Known Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Offroad SR5 DC 6 speed
    FX-R Projector Retrofit with Apollo Shrouds, Digital HID 55 watt ballasts, D2S Philips 85122+ bulbs in the Winter and Digital HID 55w 5k bulbs in the summer, Bakflip G2, Pop N Lock, Tint, Grillcraft with PIAAs behind it, ScanguageII and a few audio/video upgrades.
    I believe that the 1.75" setting will level your truck out from what I have read. Others will chime in so that will be either confirmed or corrected.

5. Apr 3, 2009 at 12:22 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    +1 for the 1.75 setting. I think that would be good to level it. And Yes, after its lifted you'll need to take it for an alignment for proper handling and to prevent excessive tire wear. Or you could do the 2.5 and throw a 1" block and longer Ubolts under the back if you want a tad more height.

6. Apr 3, 2009 at 1:02 AM
    094x4

094x4 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hawaii

Does the TSB cover the '09s?

7. Apr 3, 2009 at 2:55 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Not offically yet- but many have had good luck with getting to a dealer and having it done just based on part numbers.

Products Discussed in

To Top