Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1.5" lift

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #21
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarthog View Post
So based on reading half of this forum. I think I want to gun for this:
$311 4 5100 Series Shocks
$160 Eibach Front Coil Lift Springs
$23 Front Top Plate Spacer (One – 1/4 inch)
but I need to convince my dealership to get me the TSB leafs

OR

$755 OME COMPLETE LIFT KIT
Both are good setups and you will be happy with either one.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:32 AM   #22
welterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant future
Navy: HT1
welterbf123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

OR

Or buy a 1-1/2" AAL set from ToyTec for about $80.00...
Old 04-26-2014, 12:29 PM   #23
TheWarthog is on a distinguished road

Army: Convoy Security, veteran
Name: Justin
TheWarthog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by welterbf123 View Post
Or buy a 1-1/2" AAL set from ToyTec for about $80.00...
You mean in place of the tsb leaf?
Old 04-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #24
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

OR

where did you find 4 5100 for $311?
Old 04-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #25

Right here

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...hockingBIL5100
Old 04-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #26
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I think that price is for non adjustable 5100.
see the fineprint, it says

Strut and Ride Height Adjustable Application Prices Are Slightly Higher.

best price though if it is already for adjustable front.
I'll check out the local store in San Jose.

DSM price is $320, but I need to pay CA sales tax. So if price is about the same, I'll just buy from the local store.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #27

Just doing some extra research and realized that there are two different kinds. I thought they only came adjustable.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #28
welterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant future
Navy: HT1
welterbf123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You mean in place of the tsb leaf?
In conjunction with it...
Old 04-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #29
Quote:
Just doing some extra research and realized that there are two different kinds. I thought they only came adjustable.
just saw you are in bay area as well. I don't know what other local stores there are here that sells tacoma accessories. I'm new to all these (so doing research as well). But I'll definitely check out the San Jose 4 wheel parts store.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #30

Yup, Sacramento here. Just called 4 wheel parts about a level lift. The guy told me to just buy the front 5100's and put stock coils in to level lift it. $500 for shocks and install. What do you plan on doing with your Taco?
Old 04-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #31
Quote:
Yup, Sacramento here. Just called 4 wheel parts about a level lift. The guy told me to just buy the front 5100's and put stock coils in to level lift it. $500 for shocks and install. What do you plan on doing with your Taco?
I don't know yet. That's the problem with too many options

my current options are
1. just get 265/75R16 (I have TRD off road) tires and leave suspension stock. I need new tires regardless of which option I take.
2. just get the front 5100 only and set to 0.85 to level. My rear is about 1" higher.
3. get 4 5100, set front to 2.5" and add a 1.5" leaf to the rear.
see my other thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ret-liked.html

I don't want to go overboard and spend a lot. I figure it will cost me $800+ just for the tires alone.

regarding $500 for front 5100+install. how much does alignment cost nowadays? I assume that $500 includes alignment.
If part is about $200, and $150 for alignment (?) I guess $150 for labor is not too bad.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #32

setting from front to 2.5 and a 1 1/2" AAL gives a 1.5" lift?

yes, $500 does include alignment
Old 04-26-2014, 03:25 PM   #33
Quote:
setting from front to 2.5 and a 1 1/2" AAL gives a 1.5" lift?

yes, $500 does include alignment
yes 1.5" lift and leveled with front.

look at the thread I linked, some people posted pictures. I think this is the most cost effective option without using bad parts.

I've seen pictures of just the front leveled at 0.85 and rear unmodified and they looked fine to me.

the 4 wheel parts superstore is close to where I work, so I'll probably drop by one of these days.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
yes 1.5" lift and leveled with front.

look at the thread I linked, some people posted pictures. I think this is the most cost effective option without using bad parts.

I've seen pictures of just the front leveled at 0.85 and rear unmodified and they looked fine to me.

the 4 wheel parts superstore is close to where I work, so I'll probably drop by one of these days.
talked to a seasoned tacoma owner at the dealership I bought the truck from. He said to go with this

BILSTEIN ADJUSTABLE LIFT KIT WITH 5100 SHOCKS $650
http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...cks_p_132.html
Old 04-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #35

BTW, I have an open thread on the build page that will give members the choice to build my truck, given each option one by one. Right now the poll is bull bar vs avid offroad lightbar with trd skid plate. Please vote!

Link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-my-truck.html
Old 04-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #36
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
Both are good setups and you will be happy with either one.

+1

As somebody who has run OME and Eibach, I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference; both were solid options. The big factor for me was the rear option. The single toytec aal rode like crap. Now i'm running the wheelers offroad progressive aal and it rides like butter.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #37
Damaged Goods
CVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
CVYota's Tacoma Gallery
I stay away from 4 wheel parts stores, they are a big chain and don't know the Tacoma. There are places that deal with lots of Tacomas, like Toytec or downsouth motor sports or wheelers that have done very well by me, some may give TW discounts. All will answer any question you have about suspensions.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4892 View Post
I stay away from 4 wheel parts stores, they are a big chain and don't know the Tacoma. There are places that deal with lots of Tacomas, like Toytec or downsouth motor sports or wheelers that have done very well by me, some may give TW discounts. All will answer any question you have about suspensions.
yeah, i was reading the yelp review for the local store and its either 5 stars or 1 star.

Products Discussed in this Thread