1.5" lift

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
TheWarthog is on a distinguished road

Army: Convoy Security, veteran
Name: Justin
TheWarthog's Tacoma Gallery
1.5" lift

What is described in this photo sounds exactly what I want. I mainly want some extra clearance.

Need someone to explain this
What do I all need? Bilstein 5100's?
Is an add a leaf or full leaf pack recommended? Any recommendation on coilovers?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:56 PM   #2
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to give my opinion,although there are folks on here with much more suspension experience.Eibach coils with 5100's set at 0 will give you 1.6'' of lift.If you have the sport 4 leaf TSB pack you should be just about level with maybe a tad bit of rake..265/70/17 tires on stock wheels would work with no scrubbing..
Old 04-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #3

i have the trd sport model. Should I add a leaf, replace entire leaf pack, or just leave the same?
Old 04-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
SSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura aboutSSG665 has a spectacular aura about
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarthog View Post
i have the trd sport model. Should I add a leaf, replace entire leaf pack, or just leave the same?
First thing is to measure front and rear of truck.Measure from center of hub to bottom of fender on front and rear wheels.Do you have the TSB rear leaf pack?3 or 4 total leaves?
Old 04-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG665 View Post
First thing is to measure front and rear of truck.Measure from center of hub to bottom of fender on front and rear wheels.Do you have the TSB rear leaf pack?3 or 4 total leaves?
3 leaves, thats all I know.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nope thats just stock from the factory.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #7
SSG665's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok just guessing you should be about level with Eibachs and 5100'S set at 0.I would measure first.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #8

So 5100's set at 0", eibach coils, and add a leaf? I just don't want to make a mistake now and have to spend more later.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #9
Damaged Goods
CVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
CVYota's Tacoma Gallery
This is a can of worms.

You will get all you need from eibach and billies or OME springs and
Nitros in front, AAL or a new leaf pack in back. The only point to lifting is clearance and the only thing that will get the back pumpkin higher is a bigger tire, you dont need to go big to go 4 wheeling.

BUT it depends on what kind of wheeling are you going to do?

Dirt roads and a few small bumps are fine for even stock (unless you want to go Baja 1000 speeds), rocky washes require a little more, 8 hours of exploring on large washed out areas require more and Boldering requires even more.

You dont need to add a leaf but if you do an AAL then you might want to look at 4WD (old man doug) Chevy spring AAL version, otherwise an AAL will sag down the road pretty quick (IMO)

The other thing to consider is that Billies will fail way down the road and cannot be rebuilt. That is the way I went, they worked great for 3 years then couldnt last for a full day without fading. Now I have the 2.5" shocks that can be rebuilt but cost a buttload of money up front.

Go wheeling, see what you have and like in your area then upgrade.

edit: the stock shocks are nonadjustable Billies
Old 04-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #10

Wait, not doing any crazy off-roading, just getting back on logging trails to get better hunting and fishing spots. Should I just put eibachs on the stock shocks or go for 5100's. I've never lifted a truck, this is new territory
Old 04-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #11
Damaged Goods
CVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedCVYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CVYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wait, not doing any crazy off-roading, just getting back on logging trails to get better hunting and fishing spots. Should I just put eibachs on the stock shocks or go for 5100's. I've never lifted a truck, this is new territory
For now, just the ebachs should do, save your money, take someone out on a nice date.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 PM   #12

Is this what you are talking about? Or do you actually mean only the coils?
https://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com...coma_p_13.html
Old 04-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #13
Damaged Goods

CVYota's Tacoma Gallery
just the coils. look into OME, also a good spring w/a little lift. both will work with the stock shocks.

It's a good place to start, will give you a little lift and a better ride. You will have to have a shop swap springs for you, unless you go with the coilover kit then you can just swap.

Here are some great places to start:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...uide-read.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toytec-lifts/
Old 04-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #14

Great links!
Note: I don't have any tools to install coils myself. Is it more cost effective for me to buy coilovers so I can install them myself, or buy coils for $200 and take them in to be done?
Old 04-25-2014, 06:24 PM   #15
welterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant future
Navy: HT1
welterbf123's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ear-leafs.html

Read this!...
Old 04-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #16

Thank you! That will stop me from badgering you guys
Old 04-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #17
welterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant futurewelterbf123 has a brilliant future
Navy: HT1
welterbf123's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you! That will stop me from badgering you guys
You're not badgering! We wouldn't log into this forum if we didn't want to help!...
Old 04-25-2014, 10:59 PM   #18

So based on reading half of this forum. I think I want to gun for this:
$311 4 5100 Series Shocks
$160 Eibach Front Coil Lift Springs
$23 Front Top Plate Spacer (One – 1/4 inch)
but I need to convince my dealership to get me the TSB leafs

OR

$755 OME COMPLETE LIFT KIT
Old 04-25-2014, 11:02 PM   #19
Damaged Goods

CVYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So based on reading half of this forum. I think I want to gun for this:
$311 4 5100 Series Shocks
$160 Eibach Front Coil Lift Springs
$23 Front Top Plate Spacer (One – 1/4 inch)
but I need to convince my dealership to get me the TSB leafs

OR

$755 OME COMPLETE LIFT KIT
Can't go wrong either way. Just remember these are gateway mods, they will lead to addiction
Old 04-26-2014, 08:18 AM   #20

1.5" lift

If I was afraid if the addiction I would have bought a Chevy. I already have a big list of parts and prices. I've only owned the truck for one week
... I blame you guys

Products Discussed in this Thread