1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 TRD lift kit options

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by skootx, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Apr 23, 2014 at 7:39 PM
    skootx

skootx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Erie, CO
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab Short Bed
    Icon Stage 1 Shocks & coils Deaver AAL Light Racing UCA's PAC SNI-35 line output converters, miniDSP, Rockford Fosgate R600X5, Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3SD210, Helix Blue B62C speakers, HELIX Blue B5X 5 speakers G4 Elite Fold A Cover Rear Diff Breather Relocation
    Just got my 2014 and am researching lift options. I want to run 285/75/R16 BF Goodrich TA/KO tires. (I've owned them before and for CO snow/trails/daily they're the perfect balance for me.)

My primary off-road use will be, actually exactly this trail http://youtu.be/xTquRupAg9I

(start at about 2:30 to see the trail.). I live near here and love this spot. This is the extent of my trail expectations. I'm planning on long-term ownership of this truck so budget is not a concern as much as thinking it out and doing it right the first time.

My research has led me to the Toytech Ultimate kit (http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/Toytec-Ultimate-Lift-Kit-05-Tacoma_p_1062.html) with diff drop, Dakar pack, Bilstein 5100 rears and 25470 LR control arms.

I'm thinking this will be a good long-term, easy to maintain solution. I've done a body lift before and have a neighbor race car owner/driver and Jeep guy willing to help with install, I think I can handle it. Willing to do minor trimming up front if needed, but would prefer not to.

Any other options to look at, considerations, or thoughts? Is this overkill?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. Apr 23, 2014 at 7:44 PM
    Max713

Max713 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM TRD OR
    I can't comment on the kit in particular, but I can say if you are planning to do it right the first time, do not go with blocks or add-a-leaf. Go with a full leaf pack upgrade the first time. Expensive, but worth it. I recently upgraded from blocks, to custom leaf packs on my 6" lift.

3. Apr 23, 2014 at 7:45 PM
    skootx

skootx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Erie, CO
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab Short Bed
    Icon Stage 1 Shocks & coils Deaver AAL Light Racing UCA's PAC SNI-35 line output converters, miniDSP, Rockford Fosgate R600X5, Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3SD210, Helix Blue B62C speakers, HELIX Blue B5X 5 speakers G4 Elite Fold A Cover Rear Diff Breather Relocation
    Thanks, that lets me know the Dakar pack is worth it.

Products Discussed in

To Top