Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

my 6" lift setup question

Old 04-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
devanb3 is on a distinguished road
Name: devan
devanb3's Tacoma Gallery
my 6" lift setup question

iv noticed alot of kits for anything more then 3 in of lift are usinga a front spacer as well as 5100s so using that and making my own kit this is what im thinking of running any advice or "dont do its" would be great but please have good reasons why.... i should probably state this is not going to be for hard offroading mainly beach and daily driving...

front Bilstein 5100 adjustable 170
rear Bilstein 5160 360
with eibach 112620 160
toytec 3 in front lift spacer w/ 2" aal 245
toytec diff drop kit 31
1.5" lift block with ubolts 71

am i missing anything else that would be needed i should give 6 in in front and about 3.5-4 in in back
Old 04-27-2014, 04:32 AM   #2
My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak
mbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Matt
mbmchugh5's Tacoma Gallery
I just went from the toytec ultimate 3" to a rough country 6". I'm not entirely sure what youre asking but it appears to me your missing part of how the 6" is accomplished. first the 6" kit comes with longer steering knuckles (also refered to as spindles by some) and a drop bracket that lowers the front differential. without these it wont work. also keep in mind the eibach coils are longer than stock coils but the struts are the same length. the presets hold the bottom shoe for the strut higher which is how the 5100's accomplish lift. Doing so reduces strut travel. I ended up using all pro expedition leafs to get the rear lift and the front spacers from the 4" rough country lift with my toytec coilovers. To be honest if i was going to do it again I'd just pony up the extra and get the pro comp stage 2 6" lift with their mx 2.75 coilovers. it sounds to me like your wanting to make your front coilovers 6" longer than stock. your UCA,s will hit the coils and the upper ball joints will blow apart, and thats if you can even bolt the knucles back on which i doubt you can and if you do that thing will lift the front end of the ground on the smallest of bumps cause youll have one severely stiff front end. There are 6" lifts that use spacers and stock struts coils and shocks for around $1000 if you dont plan on doing much off roading. hope that was helpful.....
Old 04-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #3
devanb3 is on a distinguished road
Name: devan
devanb3's Tacoma Gallery
^you have this?? i've heard bad things about this lift though. how do you like it, hows the ride? i also forgot to put the uca that i was looking at. and also completely forgot about the drop brackets for the front and rear. if i did a kit like that rough country could i still use a set of the bilstein 5160s in the rear... also i just realized thats an in coil spacer not an above coil
Old 04-27-2014, 08:55 AM   #4
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Don't stack lifts. Are you 2wd or 4wd?

6inch is not possible on 4wd without a drop bracket. I mean it could be bolted together but it would not really function. Same for 2wd. 2wd you could use suspension, drop spindles, and yeah. Whatre you trying to build the truck for? Wheeling or mall crawling?
Old 04-30-2014, 06:46 AM   #5
My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak
mbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to beholdmbmchugh5 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Matt
mbmchugh5's Tacoma Gallery
i used the rough country lift but i didnt use everything they give you. I mainly used the spindles and front diff drop brackets. I used all pro expedition leafs with the extended bilstien 5100's (from the rcd 4-5"kit) i already had extended braided rear brake lines so there was no need to use their brakets. I the front i had to order the blocks from the 4" rough Country lift cause the extra length of my eibach coils mahe my coilover to long to use the 6" lift blocks. eventually ill put in a set of coilovers that dont need a block. So far i have no complaints other than their install instructions and estimated time are crap.