Notices

Anybody actually had this issue?

Old 04-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
Deer Huntin Fool
deerman is on a distinguished road

Name: Michael
deerman's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody actually had this issue?

I am leaning towards getting an OME kit put on my 2014 DCSB here in the next couple weeks. And obviously, I'd like to keep the warranty if possible. My local dealer said that they would have to be able to prove that it was the lift that caused the issue in order for the warranty to be void. He said if he were talking to me outside of that uniform, he'd say "they've been lifting these trucks for 20 years. They've got it figured out". Told me that he'd do it if he were me without worry.

I have seen other threads on related topics on what the dealer can and can't do (and Magnuson-Moss Act), but my question is...has anybody actually had an issue within 3 years that was an issue that is related to your lift? It seems like there is a lot of could-be scenarios on here, but I haven't seen anyone that actually had issues with the OME lift within 3 yrs/36k miles.