Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Double Check my lift parts

Old 05-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
DKnapton is on a distinguished road
DKnapton's Tacoma Gallery
Double Check my lift parts

So I got a 2010 double cab longbed, trd sport and I plan on buying parts slowly to lift it and Im going to do it all myself to save money. I just wanna make sure everything I plan on doing is right and that im not missing any parts and maybe some install tips.

Wheels and tires: I plan on doing 265/70/17 C class duratracs on Method standards. 17x9, 6x5.5 -12 is the correct size right? And i realize ill need new sensors

Rear lift: Icon progressive 3 link aal and bilstein 5100 shocks. Seems pretty straight forward to install and I dont need to buy any other parts

Front lift: bilstein adjustable 5100's with the toytec/eibach coils and reusing my old shock hardware to mount springs. If I want the 3 inches of lift, its the second notch up from the bottom correct? I plan on getting the coilovers put together at a shop.

Total chaos UCA. Seems pretty straight forward as per the thread on here about how to install them. Do i need to do anything special with those little fittings i believe are called zerks or something? Also im going to need a tie rod puller correct?

So do I need any other parts for the front end? Do I need the diff drop spacers? I also read some people put swaybar relocation things on? So if you guys could kinda let me know if that will all work out and everythings correct? This is my first time doing anything like this but im fairly handy so im not too worried, just dont wanna screw anything up on my 30,000$ truck
Old 05-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #2
DKnapton is on a distinguished road
DKnapton's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 05-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #3
Its a Trap is on a distinguished road
Its a Trap's Tacoma Gallery
I'm far from an expert but I got a couple tips for ya.

Your method standards should fit. They have a backspacing of 4.5" which should work even if you decided on a spindle lift later on. I was able to transfer my old sensors in my stock alloy wheels because the sensors worked with my aftermarket wheels. It came out to $100 to just transfer the old sensors instead of $250 for brand new sensors. In addition, you might be able to fit 285s if you wanted to with some cutting and trimming but that is up to you.

With the 5100s and eibach combo you shouldn't set the 5100s past 0.85. It is not recommended. You can take the shocks and coils to be put together pretty much anywhere. I took mine down to pepboys and they charged me $20 a piece which isn't bad.

I don't know to much about UCAs but understand you have options. There are many brands such as Camburg, Total Chaos and light racing UCAs.

I believe you only need a diff drop spacer if you have a 4x4.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #4
Professional Threadjacker
Chopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
Chopper678's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard that Eibach's give 1.6" of lift. So like Trap said, that plus .85" would be ~2.5" of lift and I agree that you shouldn't go higher with that set up but I would research it because I'm sure people have.

As for the rear that is a very good option from what I've read and heard.

I don't know anything about tires.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:36 PM   #5
zboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
zboy's Tacoma Gallery
Taco lean ? Toytec 1/4"spacer Driverside
Old 05-24-2014, 11:44 PM   #6
Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
6 on 5.5 is the correct stud and hub. -12mm offset will stick out past the fenders a fair amount.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
zboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

zboy's Tacoma Gallery
4.50 B/S & .0 offset look like this 265/75/16