1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon stage 1 set at 2" or 3"

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by excuseyhoo, May 18, 2014.

1. May 18, 2014 at 7:56 PM
    excuseyhoo

excuseyhoo [OP] New Member

Member:
    So.Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 Dbl Cab PreRunner
    Hey guys brand new here, and Have a couple questions for you all. So I just ordered the Icon stage 1 kit and 285/70/17 tires for my 2012 DCSB Prerunner:
    1. How much trimming, if any, will I need to do if I set it at 2" and/or 3"? If I decide to lift it to 3" will I need to get new UCA?
    1a. If I need an UCA which would be the better option icon, camburg, etc.
    2. I also would like to lift the rear about an 1" to 1.5", what's the best way about doing so without breaking the bank? (AAL, new leaf pack, or possibly a block in the rear, pros/cons for doing one over the other)

It's primarily my daily driver and would like to still have a relatively stock ride quality, maybe some off roading but nothing too crazy. This probably sounds like a broken record already, but would greatly appreciate any input. Thanks guys in advance!

2. May 18, 2014 at 8:05 PM
    Bsheriff11

Bsheriff11 Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Casual.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Virginia livin', South Carolina raised
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited T4R
    Click My Sig Homie

Answers in OP

3. May 19, 2014 at 1:51 AM
    bigtaco06

bigtaco06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Floor mats, shorty antenna, brute force hybrid front bumper, ICON stage 3, method double standards, 285/75/16 KM2's, cool stickers
    IMHO the truck rides SO much better than stock. Whatever hight you decide to set the truck up it will ride great. a if you don't want to go 3'' inches just get the coilovers and a good set of shocks for the back and run it at 2" inches. If you wan't to change it down the road crank the front up to 3" and change the leaves in the rear. You really have lots of options. I say do exactly what you want the first time so you will be happy. I couldn't be happier with my stage 3 kit.

Good luck, if you have any questions shoot me a PM I will be glad to help.![/QUOTE]

Last edited: May 19, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top