1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Stacking lifts" ?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Fraggie, May 23, 2014.

1. May 23, 2014 at 9:35 AM
    Fraggie

Fraggie [OP] Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    3" lift 18" Mayhem Chaos 285/65/18 Terra Graps
    Right now I have a 2008 Pre-Runner with a 3 inch Pro Comp lift kit. It's just the springs with a spacer. Yes I realize this is not an ideal set up, but for a college kid it's worked out great for me. My goal is to add Maxtrac spindles to the front and then adding a new leaf pack to the back to level it out. Essentially would adding the spindles to the front do nothing to alter my current ride overall? Eventually, I will work on upgrading the springs but for now my goal is height and overall look matched with what I'm looking for out of the truck which is 90% highway driven. Thanks

2. May 23, 2014 at 9:43 AM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    If you want to run Maxtrac spindles then I highly recommend taking the spacers out. I'd hate for you to bottom out your shocks and blow the seals. As far as ride quality, I've heard that Maxtrac's ride well and don't really change the feel, however, removing those spacers might improve the ride overall as well. Spacers can give a pretty rough/stiff ride. At least they did in my Frontier years ago.

3. May 23, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    Oh, and technically, you're not "stacking" lifts. While you do have a 3" pro comp lift, the Maxtrac's replace the stock spindles which can add another inch of lift. Maxtrac's give you 4" and the pro comp shocks and springs will just kind of strengthen your suspension more that the stock setup.

Products Discussed in

To Top