1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon Coilover Rebuild, Revalve and Extended Travel Info Needed

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SCRunner12, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Jun 7, 2014 at 9:26 PM
    SCRunner12

SCRunner12 [OP] Tundra Troll

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra DC, TRD, 4wd
    So I just picked up a set of Tundra Icon coilovers for my 3rd gen 4runner (same platform as 1st gen Taco's) and I'm looking to rebuild them. I know what seals to get, but I was wondering if it's possible to revalve them to be softer than the standard Tacoma valving? I've had Icon's before and they ride great, but a little stiff for my DD. I'd rather have a softer ride on road and off road since I don't do any high speed stuff. Anyone have any suggestions for a different valving or know what the stock valving is?

Also I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how to convert a standard travel coilover to extended length. I don't know if the Icon's I have are standard or extended, but would like them extended after I rebuild them.

2. Jun 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM
    icon_rep

icon_rep ICON Vehicle Dynamics Vendor

Member:
    Riverside, CA
    SCRunner12 give us a call and we will put you on the phone with a Shock Tech to help you out with all this. None of this is an issue and when they talk to you we can determine what shims and extension spacer you need.

Products Discussed in

To Top