1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Searching for lift options? So was I - maybe this will help...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by petty43, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Jun 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM
    petty43

petty43 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    GK
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2014 OR with help from this site
    First off, I can't tell if my pics are attached as I type this - if not, I apologize and will add them later...I know the thread is useless without pics...
    If you have searched the site like I did, for hours, gathering information on what height lift to go with, and what manufacturer, I hope this will help. I have a '14 double cab off road. After countless hours learning, I settled on the following:
    OME 884 springs (I didn't want higher than 2" and that's what I got)
    OME Nitro sport shocks all around
    Light Racing UCA's just in case I want to go higher later
    Icon 3 leaf progressive rear sping AAL's, and we left the factory overload in. (gave me 2" in the back)

The truck maintains the factory rake, which is subtle and I wanted to keep it ( @ 1.5" back to front).
    It rides noticeably better than before. A friend who is an experienced mechanic helped me learn this at his garage. We got it done, with the alignment in @ 4 hours. He was helpful as I hadn't done anything like this before and coach me through some of the work.

Though I contacted and received excellent information from folks at Toytec, Downsouth motorsports, Wheelers, and Headstrong, I ended up going with Headstrong. They were fantastic to deal with, though I imagine the others I talked to would have taken care of me similarly.

If you have any questions I will do my best to supply you a useful answer. Again, I wanted to post something that might help a person looking for additional helpful information as they decide whether to lift or not, and how much. This site was SO beneficial - thanks a bunch to the folks that run it.

Also, a quick shout out to OZ. You were kind enough to reply to a PM - thanks.
    Gary

IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top