1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Point me in the right direction for buying in Hawaii?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SmackGoneWild, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Jun 13, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    SmackGoneWild

SmackGoneWild [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Kapolei, HI
    Vehicle:
    14 LB TRD
    workin' on it.
    Going with Bilstein 5100s and an AAL for the rear.
    Also want the dif drop
    From what I can see, the Billys will add 2.5 in the front, and hopefully find the right AAL for 1.5 in the back, which should also keep me from having to grab new UCAs.

Being in Hawaii, anybody have some insight on best value to grab these items?

I can't help but think Maui Offroad is crazy to quote me $1170 installed out the door for the above items listed.

Amazon is showing a handful of Bilsteins for 70-100 a piece, and the AAL and diff drop do not look expensive either. What the hell am I missing here?

2. Jun 14, 2014 at 2:59 PM
    3boyztaco

3boyztaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the middle of the sea
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    first off, your living in Hawaii, shipping will kill you every time. second, off roading shops are not as abundant as the continental US so it's a monopoly like situation. That's why most of us purchase things on line and TRY to get the best shipping deal as possible.

my suggestion, go to the Hawaii Forum section, the guys on there have a lot of experience on buying and installing. great bunch of guys.

3. Sep 1, 2014 at 12:34 AM
    MAUIxROCKSTAR

MAUIxROCKSTAR Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2015 VOODOO BLUE TACOMA
    Go to Downsouthmotorsports.com one of the guys that help run that place is Kauai, his name is Sonny. They know about the shipping cost to Hawaii and the are very reasonable knowing that, so go and give them look.

4. Sep 1, 2014 at 2:24 AM
    m_yota

m_yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 dbl cab
    K&N airfilter, HID conversion for headlights/fogs. Wet Okole Seat covers, Kove Aphex processor Kenwood comp 6.5" and 6.5"coaxial 5100 billy shocks 2.5", 1.5" fabtech AAL,Epicenter and MTX Sub, debadged, tinted, kenwood dnx812, black mesh grill, led ext/int.
    Sonny is the man he helped me in getting what I need for my ride. He even check aroundfor a Fabtech add a leaf. You will not be disappointed.:cool::D

Products Discussed in

To Top