Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension Parts....and Paint

Old 04-10-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Suspension Parts....and Paint

So I'm expecting my TC control arms and my OME shocks to ship around the 15th or so.

I was looking at photos and you can see the UCA and the top of the shock...and I don't like yellow or grey....My whole truck is red and black...and I'd like to keep it that way.

Is it possible to paint the shocks?? I don't want to mess with the heat dissipation or paint parts that could be damaged by paint.

I think I'm going to paint the UCA's black and get red decals made...or maybe go all red for the them??
Old 04-10-2009, 06:32 AM   #2
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
since they are already painted, heat dissapation shouldnt be a factor.

I would imagine if you removed the factory yellow paint and stickers you could sand the paint down, spray on simple primer/adhesion promoter, etc.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #4
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
::nods:: I hadn't thought about trying to completely stripping them...I like where you are going with that....
Old 04-10-2009, 07:21 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I belive the OME shocks, and the TC arms are powder coated. I have tried painting them in the past (on my 2000) and the paint didnt adhere to the parts. Just something to keep in mind.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:23 AM   #6
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I belive the OME shocks, and the TC arms are powder coated. I have tried painting them in the past (on my 2000) and the paint didnt adhere to the parts. Just something to keep in mind.

shit, I thought they were just sprayed.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #8
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Doh....::gets ready to send some e-mails::

wise course of action dude.