Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Off Road/4x4 Shop North Carolina

Old 07-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
Travesty will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement:
Travesty's Tacoma Gallery
Off Road/4x4 Shop North Carolina

Anyone know of any good off road/4x4 shops around High Point, NC? I am looking for someone to install a lift at a reasonable price. Just wanted to know if someone had any recommendations.

I know, I should try and install it myself. But Im looking to take the professional route on this one.

Thanks
Old 07-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
lsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nice

lsutiger1's Tacoma Gallery
Not really sure how far you are from Wilmington, but there is a guy here who installed mine with alignment for around 250.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
You are near High Point right? There is a group of 4 of us in Cary that love to help owners wrench their own trucks. Come meet us in the Raleigh NC thread. Paulo, SandMan , RaleighTaco & me.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #4
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

But we don't do alignments.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #5
lsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nicelsutiger1 is just really nice

Yea I seen yall have pretty good group of guys. Do yall ever come down to wilmington?
Old 07-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #6

Just to partay. Any beach driving out there? I think Carolina lets you.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Anyone know of any good off road/4x4 shops around High Point, NC? I am looking for someone to install a lift at a reasonable price. Just wanted to know if someone had any recommendations.

I know, I should try and install it myself. But Im looking to take the professional route on this one.

Thanks

Oh and ExpeditionX is there too he has a fledgling 4x4 bizz
Old 07-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #8
carolina4bangin is on a distinguished road
Name: Zac
carolina4bangin's Tacoma Gallery
In Mooresville there is stoutworx and rimz one.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:41 PM   #9

Yes you can drive on the beach on the north end of Carolina beach, and at Kure beach.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #10

might just have to have a trip this summer. Is there camping on the beach still? Been > 15 years since
Old 07-19-2014, 05:32 AM   #11

Oh yea!
Old 07-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #12

OP sorry that we hijacked your thread. Ummm there is also SuperTrucks I think it's called on South Saunders St down town. And of course 4wheelparts on 70. But Tacomas get more love from the Cary group.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:39 AM   #13

Law Enforcement:
Hey dragons taco thanks for the reply. It's awesome to see some NC Tacoma guys. I mainly travel on the western half of the state and I see some sweets tacos up near Boone. But I wouldn't be opposed to coming down to Cary at all. I'm guessing y'all have done lifts before? I don't have any knowledge of installing a suspension but I would be willing to learn. Anything to not have to pay an outrageous amount to get it installed.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:43 AM   #14
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Im in hickory if you want some help.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #15

Well let me know if yall meet near Wilmington, like to meet you guys!
Old 07-19-2014, 07:13 PM   #16

Law Enforcement:
Well I just helped my buddy install a 3" Teraflex lift on his 2010 Jeep Wrangler sport today. I think I gained some knowledge on lifts. We ended up having to tighten the coils down in a pretty ghetto way. I am sure if someone had some coil compressors it would have been much easier. Thanks for the offer tbturner47 may have to take you up on that.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #17
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Sure thing man. What lift you thinking about?
Old 07-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #18

Law Enforcement:
Was looking towards OME but I am open to suggestions. I definitely dont have the money for Icon or anything but was looking to stay under $1500. Maybe around 3" of lift. Looking to clear 285's if possible.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:50 PM   #19
1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
1stgenpre's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine done in Winston-Salem at Modern Toyota's accessory store. The guys there were awesome to deal with and even took $50 off my final bill because his verbal estimate to me over the phone was different than the actual bill. They do a little of all types of vehicles...not just toyotas. They can also order the lift you want if they don't have it in stock. It was like a candy store in there to me...everything from light bars to floor mats to bed covers and wheels and tires too. I highly recommend them. You can call modern toyota and ask for the parts dept...tell them you need the number to the accessory place...its about 2 miles down the road beside the Infiniti dealership. Prices are pretty reasonable otherwise I couldn't have used them...
Old 07-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #20

Law Enforcement:
1stgenpre What kind of lift did you go with? Also if you dont mind me asking what did the total cost look like on it? That location would be ideal, just depends on the cost.